Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Kazutora did end up staying for two more days, the nurses were unsure to let the boy go at first, it took a lot of reassurance from both Mrs. Baji and the gang.

"I'm so sorry for bothering you, Mrs. Baji." He bowed.

"It's okay Tora you need to practice to stop apologizing for almost everything," Mrs. Baji sighed, placing her phone into her purse, "Although we do need answers to why you got involved in the fight." She continued.

"I- well.." Kazutora paused, staring onto the ground avoiding everyone's gaze. He remembered Chifuyu and Baji's words to him, warning him about Rokuhara, he also knows that the rest of his former gang friends know the consequences of getting involved with a big gang.

"It's because they were harassing a pregnant young woman," Kazutora clenches his fist as flashbacks of their harassment rewinds in his mind, "They pissed me off, I'm sorry." He avoids their gazes.

A few seconds of silence passed and Mrs. Baji's deep sigh altered the atmosphere.

"Okay, next time, please avoid getting beaten up. I know you're strong Kazutora but you're not physically made out of iron." Mrs. Baji pat the boy's head, giving him a soft smile before turning to the younger Baji.

"Don't worry Mrs. Baji, if they mess with him again, it means they're messing with us as well. Believe or not, I may be made out of iron myself." Mikey proudly announced, the rest of the boys only looked away from him, slightly red from the the former commander's comments.

"That's reliving to hear, Mikey," Mrs. Baji chuckled, "Alright but now, Kei, boys, I'll get to work. I told Mrs. Matsuno that you're all gonna be staying in my house for today. Please take note of that and do not disobey me, that goes for all of you." She glared at the boys.

They all gulped and nodded at the woman, watching her walk away in her high heels towards a bus stop and hop on it.

The boys managed to release exhale and breath properly, they didn't even notice that they've been holding back from exhaling.

"Baji-kun, your mom is scary." Takemichi shivered.

AT THE BAJI HOUSEHOLD

"What the hell are these Baji? Were they even washed at least once?!" Draken explained, kicking a sock with a missing pair, everyone in the room claimed it smelled like rotten egg, Baji was quick to dispose of it, not to the laundry, but to the trashcan.

"Stop snooping through my shit!" The raven-head exclaimed, the founding members of Toman were all in his room, minus Kazutora. The rest of the boys were busy consuming the remaining food in the kitchen.

Baji's mother left a sticky note that they could eat whatever since she was gonna go grocery shopping either way.

While the rest of the boys were busy trashing Baji's room and eating all of the Baji Household's remnants of available food, Kazutora accompanied Chifuyu to go grab some snacks and blankets from his own home which was a few walks away. Literally.

"Your mom was just here awhile ago, where'd she go?" Kazutora questioned, placing a basket of blankets for the sleepover the boys agreed on. Baji was hesitant to say yes but his decision was overlapped by Mikey who was planning the whole night already. The boys had already planned it, already got permissions, even Mrs. Baji knew, the only ones not so aware were Kazutora, Chifuyu, and the younger Baji himself.

"She's at work now. I think she'll work a midnight shift later on so I might as well just attend the sleepover at Baji-san's again." The younger boy responded, folding another blanket onto their basket.