2

Authors P.O.V

It really was Han Jisung.

The boy she had relentlessly fought with and had an ongoing rivalry with during primary and high school. 

The person she didn't necessarily hate, yet she didn't quite like him either. The two would always bicker and argue, and go head-on to compete in practically anything.

It was like a rush of old memories came washing over her. A sort of quick flashback of their teenager years, adding to her shock.

The last time she'd seen him was about three or four years ago, when they'd graduated and he'd left to study abroad.

And boy she hadn't expected to run into him ever again.

"Lee Hayeon?". He was the first to speak, tilting his head questioningly at her as he tucked his hands into his pockets.

She couldn't quite decipher the look his eyes reflected.
Curiosity? Amusement? Uncertainty?

His blonde hair was now a messy brown shade, covering his forehead. His eyes however still held that mischievous glint, an indication that except his appearance, he might've not changed at all.

Hayeon was at a loss for words. "You're the person Yuqi was set up with for a blind date?". A scoff left her lips.

He ran a hand through his disheveled hair, eyeing her. "Fancy seeing you here instead. Sit down so people can stop staring". He responded, taking a seat and gesturing to opposite him.

It's really admirable how calm he seems in this sort of situation.

"Did your parents set you up?". She couldn't help but find herself asking, after sitting down. "When did you even return from the US?".

Great way to talk to someone she'd practically wanted to gut for years. The questions seemed to leave her lips quicker than she could stop them.

He leaned forward. "Hey. We've never been close enough for me to say so".

Hayeon jabbed her finger in his shoulder to push him back, scowling a little. "What I meant to say was 'you should've just stayed there' actually".

"What are you doing here anyway?". He answered, ignoring her remark. "As far as I'm concerned, your last name is Lee, not Song".

She released a dramatic sigh in reply.
"Yuqi's off to chase her dream life and I was here to reject her blind date, which is apparently you. Not like I'd want her to date you, I might actually throw up just imagining it".

Jisung rolled his eyes, sporting a bemused expression. "Very funny indeed. Not like I'd want to date her anyway". He replied. "Very coincidental that my parents set me up with her, out of all people in South Korea".

And very coincidental I had to come here, out of all of people, to meet you.

Yuqi's mother had been completely determined that this date would just be it and she'd been rambling on about she'd practically found her daughter's soulmate when the end result was just.. well, Han Jisung. 

Gosh, they could do so much better.
Excluding his attractive looks and full-package personality. But you would never hear Hayeon admitting that from her lips. Ever. 

"Are you insulting me inside of your head right now?". Jisung questioned, upon the silence which took over their bickering.
"Yes". She answered bluntly.
"You haven't changed at all". He muttered. "Still short as ever".

She narrowed her eyes. "Shut up, I'll actually put you in a headlock before you can manage to say another word".

He flashed an amused smile, unable to reply as one of the ladies came to take their order. Talk about perfect timing. It was always a great feeling to have the last word.