56

Authors P.O.V

"Morning". 

Hayeon accepted the incoming videocall from Jisung, a smile on her lips as she greeted him the next morning while seated on a stool behind her kitchen countertop. 
A cup of coffee was laced in her hands after she'd had a single slice of toast earlier for breakfast. 

She rubbed her forehead tiredly, a yawn escaping her lips as the exhaustion from the day before continued to settle in. 

Her feet were also protesting, aching slightly from the uncomfortable shoes she'd wore around the banquet hall all day. 

"Good morning". She yawned, taking a sip from her cup. "The exhaustion from yesterday's event is kicking in bad".
He laughed at her reply, nodding his head in agreement. 

She squinted her sleepy eyes to look closer at him. 
He was sat at his desk, typing away at his laptop and a pair of glasses perched on his nose. 

"You look good with glasses". She complimented. "Those ones especially. They suit you". 

A grin rounded his lips. "Thanks". He answered, brushing his dark hair aside. "You have an appointment with Vernon's therapist friend today, right?". 

Hayeon nodded. "Yeah. I have a session today. I'll have to leave soon, Vernon offered to take me there and he's on his way here right now". 

"How are things going?". He questioned.
"Really good". She smiled, truthfully. "I feel like my insomnia has gotten a lot better now. My anxiety attacks have lessened a lot too now. Its nice and easy to communicate with Dr. Yun since she's so understanding". 

She'd had only a few appointments with the said-therapist, but felt a whole lot better both emotionally and mentally. 

Every session focused on slow healing, talking about her past, her aims for the future and anything that still made her feel troubled or fearful. 

It made the dark-haired also realise how reaching out for help had been the rightest decision she could possibly make.
She regretted not doing it earlier. 

Perhaps she would not have suffered as much as she did all those months, caging herself away from everything and everyone. 

"I'll pick you up when you're done. Lets go shopping together". Jisung's voice invaded her string of thoughts. "We'll have lunch as well while we're at it". 

She snapped away, turning to look at him while nodding. "Sounds good". 

...

"I'm so glad you've been doing better". 

Hayeon smiled at Dr. Yun gratefully as they were sat in her office. 
The window was half-open, allowing fresh air to stream in and sunlight to pour into the dimly lit room. 

She fiddled with the bracelet on her wrist, nodding slowly as she was sat behind the elders' desk. "Its all thanks to you".

Dr. Yun took a sip of her coffee before shaking her head in disagreement. "Its because you, darling. You've started overpowering your fears and insecurities. You're healing and in no time you'll feel right on track with your life again". 

Their session together was coming close to its end, only ten minutes or so remaining of the appointment she'd booked. 

"Sometimes when I think about it.. its still unbelievable to me. I never expected things to turn out this way. I didn't expect I would ever get over everything that happened". 

Dr Yun nodded understandingly. 
"When experiencing such a situation, it usually feels that way. You feel helpless and hopeless. You think it would be impossible to forget or move on. Those feelings.. they're all a part of healing too, Hayeon. It takes time".