12

Author's P.O.V 

"So you are Han Jisung?". Ryujin questioned, arms folded against her chest as she leant back in the chair at the quiet cafe, sitting opposite to the rival duo. 

She'd never really met him properly as the he'd left to study abroad before she'd tranferred to their high school, meaning she was the only person in the group who hadn't been familiar with him. 

Yuqi, Wooyoung, Yeonjun and Hayeon had been classmates with him for the longest time and so they knew each other well. 

Vernon was a whole different story. They'd met the American-Korean when he'd been working at the local convenience store near their high school, being around three to four years elder than them and they'd bonded with him quickly.

He was like the dad figure of the group, the careful but equally chaotic one, though he wouldn't admit. 

Ryujin's bluish hair had grown out a lot, and so she'd dyed it black with few strands being a pretty blonde color. The new style suited her a lot. 

Must be hair dying season, Hayeon thought as she glanced at the boy beside her who had also recently changed his hair color to black. 

"Nice to meet you". Jisung answered, cracking a smile under the other girl's intent gaze. He leaned over to whisper in Hayeon's ear. "Tell her to quit staring at me like that, it's intimidating". 

"Glad you think so". Ryujin cut in pointedly, clearing her throat. "That's exactly my point". 

The black-haired boy nodded slowly, rubbing the back of his neck. "I see. I've heard a lot about you from the group, although Wooyoung wasn't very fond of you, it was mostly good things". 

Ryujin clicked her tongue disappointedly. "Can't say the same. My friend, Hayeon, over here never gets tired of complaining about you". She exposed, and the dark-haired swallowed a grin that threatened to pull at her lips. 

Jisung nudged her, urging her to intervene and say something as their conversation was quite literally the definition of awkward.

When the two had first arrived into the café and sat down opposite to her, Ryujin had said nothing at all for five minutes straight and observed the boy from head to toe with a scrutinizing gaze. 

It was her way of approval, and a way she showed her protective side when it came to her friends. 

Hayeon recalled the time Ryujin had broke Yuqi's coworkers car window with a hammer after the coworker had cursed at and assaulted the Chinese girl. 

Boy was the smashed window a sight to see. 

"Did you call me here today just to take a scanning of him?". Hayeon asked, uninterestedly while biting into her vanilla cupcake. "Come on, Jinjin, stop being so serious". 

Ryujin sipped her mocha, nodding. "Not a scanning, my friend, I'm currently in the process of an interview". 

Jisung scoffed. "What an interesting friend you have". He murmured under his breath, glancing away from the amused duo. 

Ryujin placed down her glass a little harshly, making it clang against the café table as she pressed her lips together. "Listen here, Han Yoosung or Heesung-"

"It's Jisung". He cut in, offended. 

"Yeah, Jisung, whatever. You might not be aware of this but I'm extremely protective of my friends. I don't want them meeting some bastard or loser who ends up bringing them down or not treating them right, understand? So I better hear no complaints from her".