14

Authors P.O.V

Hayeon rolled her small suitcase into the bus, keeping her handbag steadily strapped to her shoulder as she found herself a comfortable seat and slipped in her luggage. 

She'd gotten approval from CEO Yoon to have three days off to visit her family back in Daejeon and she'd been thrilled since she hadn't seen them for a few months. 

The bus ride would take approximately two hours to get there so she'd decided instead of just staying the night over to come for a few days so she could spend a bit of proper time with her mother and sister. 

Hayeon leaned her head against the headrest, switching on her chill playlist and her eyes closed automatically. 

Although she was tired, she knew she couldn't fall asleep or else she'd miss her stop. Something which had happened way too many times already. 

The two hour bus ride didn't feel so long this time as she constantly flicked through her phone and watched a couple for YouTube shorts and before she knew it, her stop had already arrived. 

Hayeon dragged out her small luggage case along with her, taking a taxi to towards her family home that was approximately a fifteen minute drive from the bus stop. 

She paid the driver and took out her luggage from the back, rolling it towards the small house in the familiar neighborhood they'd lived in for perhaps years before she'd moved to Seoul with all her friends. 

There was certainly something different in the Daejeon air, her hometown. 

With a wide grin plastered on her face, she approached the doorstep and rang the bell. After a bit silence, footsteps were heard and the door creaked open to reveal her younger sister. 

"Hayeon!". She exclaimed, surprised as the elder hadn't told them she was coming to visit. 

The two sisters embraced each other ecstatically before walking inside. Hayeon hugged her mother tightly, eyes twinkling upon seeing her state healthier than it was last time. 

Their family house consisted of three medium-sized rooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen and a small living room. One room belonged to their mother, one to Mihyeon and one had been Hayeon's before she'd moved. 

"Goodness, it looks like you've lost a lot of weight". Her mother nagged, pinching her cheeks gently. "Last time you came, you seemed much healthier". 

Hayeon smiled cheekily. "I was dieting a little". She replied. "You seem much better than last time. You've been doing okay, right?". She slipped back onto the couch, tiredly, as her mother brought her a glass of apple juice. 

"I've been fine, my dear". Gaeun smiled warmly. "Tell me, you didn't let us know you were coming? How long are you staying for?".

She held up three fingers, sipping her juice. "Three days. I took a small leave from work since it isn't awfully busy right now but I can't stay any longer than that".

Mihyeon plopped down beside her, scrolling her phone. "Hey, you know you have like 570K followers on instagram or something? You're actually famous". 

Hayeon grinned. "I'm a main producer at YSJ". She flaunted, flicking her hair. "I've literally made songs and met all those groups you're dying to see". 

Mihyeon groaned enviously. "I'm so jealous". 

"Maybe you can come by one day". Hayeon suggested. "I'm pretty close with everyone and can introduce you to my colleagues too, you know. You're not some obsessive crazy stalker are you?". 

"What?". The younger girl exclaimed. "How could you say something so offensive?". 

Hayeon laughed. "Well, good. Or else I'd actually die of embarrassment and disown you, to be honest, sorry".