8

Authors P.O.V 

"I'm home".

Jisung walked into his large family house. He's assumed his family would still be working, like the workaholics they were, yet was proven wrong when he entered the living room shortly. 

His father was seated on the satin couch whilst reading a newspaper.
The television projected the daily news, running in low volume, although nobody was really listening to it so it served as background noise. 

"Surprise to see you here, son". His mother, Yoojung, called. She walked down the staircase and joined the two. "What's the occasion?".

Jisung had moved out of his family house, paying rent to live in a peaceful apartment of his own, something that had really ticked his family off.
 Their relationship wasn't necessarily bad.. just.. complicated.

"What did you do to your hair?". Yoojung exclaimed, glancing at him with wide eyes once she'd noticed it. "When did you change it?". 

The boy ran a hand sharply through his newly dyed black hair, shrugging nonchalantly. "I wanted to try something new, instead of keeping blonde hair".

"Goodness! I told you blonde suited you better". She scolded. "Black doesn't look good on you at all, if I'm honest".

"I think it looks great". Another voice interjected.
His older brother, Jihoon, made his way down, giving a thumbs up upon seeing the change style. "Black makes you look more handsome. Blonde suited you too, though".

"Thought you'd be busy at work, Mr. Professor". Jisung commented, slouching on the sofa with his arms lazily crossed against his chest, causing his brother to laugh amusedly.

Jihoon was the best amongst professors at Seoul's University of Medicine.
He was also a managing director at the official hospital, meaning it was rare to see him home whenever the younger visited.

"Doctors need breaks too, brother". Jihoon answered, plopping down beside him. "Tell me about your company? How's the experience?".

Jisung hummed. "YSJ was definitely a better choice than Cube. The actual building is no joke, makes you feel prestigious and the producing rooms are huge and very spaced out".

"You would've had your own office if you'd decided to inherit HJ Cosmetics". Yoojung remarked, still bitter that he'd turned down the offer. "A very large and very spacious office".

She never let the opportunity to make him feel guilty go. 

Their mother, Park Yoojung, was the current CEO of HJ Cosmetics and had decided to give the company to him once he'd become of age. Which is why she didn't expect him to reject her wish, and took that extremely to heart.

"Mum, how long will you sulk over that?". Jihoon groaned, slinging his arm around hid younger brother. "What matters is he's enjoying what he does, right dad?".

Their father glanced up at the mention of him. "If writing songs about being lovesick and teenager romance makes him happy, sure, it is is what it is".

The backhanded support wasn't anything new to the black-haired.

His family had always been against him chasing his music dream and at first, he'd received even heavier criticism than this. Now, small comments like that were almost equal to nothing at all.

"Forget that, son, I've found you another girl". His mother announced, quickly grabbing her phone and strutting over to sit on the other side next to him. "She's very pretty and her family is amongst the richest. She works as a psychologist and her father is the head director at a law school. Look here".