22

Authors P.O.V

The door bell rang. 

Hayeon tilted her head, brows furrowing unintentionally as she didn't remember that anyone had called in to say they were coming. She left her room and walked towards the door, opening it to see a few familiar figures standing outside

"Hey bestie". Yuqi grinned, holding up a plastic bag eagerly. "We brought a bunch of food". 

"Back to black hair?". Hayeon questioned, quirking a brow. 

"You know I'm indecisive". She shrugged. 

The six of them tumbled inside, scattering around in her living room freely as they usually would.

Ryujin grabbed a few cans of drinks for them while Wooyoung and Yuqi unwrapped the variety of different meals they'd bought. 

Jisung entered last, closing the door behind him with an exasperated and exaggerated sigh. "I was going to come alone, but they all insisted on coming too". He grunted, not looking pleased. 

Hayeon's liped tugged up. "Well, the more the merrier". She shrugged. She noticed the cut on his lip as well as his slightly swollen cheek. "Your face.. what happened?". She frowned, alarmed. 

He touched the cut on his lip, clicking his tongue as it stung. "It's nothing, don't mind it". He replied, ushering her towards the table where the rest were seated and ready to eat. "Let's eat". 

Hayeon plopped down beside Jisung on the end, reaching out for her favourite snack. 

"Let's all thank todays sponsor". Yuqi announced, drum-rolling in exaggeration. "Han Jisung!". 

Wooyoung whistled, clapping his hands. It took no longer than two minutes for the seven of them to fill their plates with all the delicious foods he'd brought over, the sound of chatter and laughter radiating in the living room.

Hayeon's heavy chest felt lighter upon the arrival of the six, feeling distracted from the suffocating thoughts that'd been trapping her all day.

"Cheese tteokbokki". She released a dreamy sigh. "My love".

Vernon gave her a weirded-out stare, turning back to the piece of chicken he was busy tearing apart before pouring himself some water.

"How's working from home?". Jisung asked, leaning back with folded arms. She motioned towards the food, questioning why he wasn't eating. "Already had dinner". He added.

Hayeon tucked back a strand of hair loosely framing her face. "Peaceful? I guess". Her expression morphed into an amused one. "Why? Is someone missing me?". She teased, a grin pulling at her lips. 

He scoffed, glancing away. "Missing you? As if. I was just so kindly asking".

Vernon observed the two from the opposite side, eyes flickering with entertainment upon noticing their slightly different dynamic which contrasted what he usually saw.

The seven of them clinked their beer cans, drinking and talking like there was no tomorrow.

Hayeon sipped from her beer can, lavishing the bitter yet sweet taste. "Hey, sponsor all these beer cans that came out of my fridge too". She nudged the black-haired boy. 

He nudged her back a little harder. "Hey, just be thankful I sponsored all this food". He scoffed, complainingly. "Do you know how much this cost me? They all picked a favourite dish of their own plus your beloved cheese tteokbokki was quite expensive".

She smiled lazily in response, holding up the can of beer with crinkled eyes.

"Are you drunk?". He muttered under his breath, shaking his head.