6

Authors P.O.V

"I must be crazy. I must have completely lost mind". Hayeon exclaimed, hitting her head with the cushion once she'd found herself back at home and alongside her two best friends whom she'd called straightaway.

Ryujin was busy feasting on their spicy chicken order as Yuqi brought out a few beer cans for the three to drink.

Yuqi plopped herself down, leaning against the couch as she grabbed another chicken leg. "You know, it'd be great if you'd tell us what was going on. You don't seem to be in your right mind anyway. Stop suddenly laughing and then crying two seconds later, it's creeping me out, Yeon".

Hayeon rolled over on the couch, sitting down beside the two and sighing. "Kang Yejun started working at YSJ Entertainment. As the head director".

The duo dropped their chicken legs, eyes widening upon hearing the recent news. "What the fuck? Are you joking right now?'. They shouted, simultaneously.

The dark-haired girl shook her head. "No, it's true. He was introduced as the new director at our place by CEO Yoon today. It feels like a nightmare come true".

Ryujin aggressively bit into her chicken, scowling. "That bastard has the nerve to come work at where you are? I should've just beaten him up when I had the chance".

Hayeon dragged her feet towards the fridge, grabbing a can of beer and joining them again as she opened it. "I can't bring myself to believe it either. Should I just quit? I'll move to, like, another place".

Yuqi sipped her soda. "Why would you move? It was so hard for you to get this job in the first place and you've only worked there for like six months, Yeon".

Ryujin nodded, scoffing. "If anyone needs to quit, it's Kang Yejun. You started working there first and that's your territory, ma'am. It doesn't matter if his status is a shit ton higher than yours. You're the original".

She sipped from her beer can, sighing deeply as a whirlpool of thoughts occupied her mind. Suddenly she didn't have the energy to do anything, just accept her cruel fate.

Yuqi passed Ryujin a beer can she'd brought out. "Drink, my friend. It's the most that can help you relieve this stress".

The three clinked their cans together, sipping from them and digging in to the chicken they'd ordered.

"What a tough life, indeed". Ryujin stated. "First your high school rival, Jisung, moving to YSJ and now you're trashy ex, Yejun".

Yuqi hummed. "Isn't that, like, killing two birds with one stone or something?". She paused. "Or is that saying not appropriate to use right now?".

Hayeon groaned. "Yuqi, that saying is for good things, you dumbass".

The Chinese girl shrugged nonchalantly, as though she didn't have a care in the world and reached out for another piece of chicken.

"And that's not the only piece of shocking information". She added. "There's more. And you might want to put down your cans for this".

The two glanced up, curious.

"I asked Han Jisung out".

"What?". Yuqi exclaimed, in disbelief. She cleared her throat exaggeratively, cupping her ear with one hand. "Sorry, I didn't comprehend that. Come again".

Ryujin looked at her dubiously.

"After all those years of dislike and a constant rivalry, did you finally fall in love with him? Did Yeonie catch some feelings". Yuqi teased.

Hayeon pretended to gag. "Disgusting. It's actually a long story but we kind of came to terms with fake dating".

Yuqi's lips turned into an 'o' as she nodded. "Contractual relationship? Oh my god, that's crazy romantic". She squealed, resulting in a cushion being thrown at her. "Ow! Okay, I'm just kidding".