48

Authors P.O.V

The ringing of Hayeon's alarm interrupted the duo that was peacefully asleep in each other's arms with no signs of wanting to wake up detected. 
A tired groan left her lips as she turned over, reaching for her phone which rested on the bedside table. 

The room was still dark as the curtains were closed, only a dim light peeking through. 

She blinked several times before switching off the alarm, a yawn escaping her lips as she realised she needed to wake up for work. 

"What's the time?". Jisung mumbled out, his voice low and sleepy. 
She pulled the comforter to her chin. "It's seven o' clock". 
"Too early". 

A small smile rounded her lips. "Way too early but I have to go to work. Why don't you call in sick today and just rest?". She suggested. 

Instead of a reply, she felt his arms encircle her waist, hugging her from behind. Her heartbeat increased crazily as his lips gently kissed the back of her neck. The simple action elicited a fire throughout her body. 

She ran the pad of her thumb softly over his hand that was around her, a small sigh leaving as she embraced the reality of having to leave. 

"I have to go to work, you know?". She murmured, smiling. 
"Mhm". He hummed in response, only shuffling closer and the warmth which surrounded her made it hard for her to get up. 

She turned around, wrapping an arm around him too and looking carefully at the boy who's eyes were still closed. 

"Do you feel better?". She asked, brushing his hair away from his forehead to press a hand gently. It seemed his incoming fever had cooled down. 
"Yeah, much better". He replied. 
"That's good. Don't forget to take your medicine after breakfast now too". She reminded. "I'll come over when I've finished up". 

She slipped out of bed despite Jisung pouting sadly and mumbling about how they both should take a day off, a small smile on her lips as she went to wash her face and freshen up. 

After making a quick breakfast, she stole a dark-brown coat from Jisung's wardrobe to wear and cleared up the kitchen before leaving. 

When the dark-haired successfully parked her car in the company parking lot and made her way through the sliding glass doors to enter the company building and take the elevator to her floor, she was surprised to see Mina standing right there in the hallway. 

The elder girl had a worried look on her face as she paced around, before catching sight of the younger who had just clocked in. 

"Yeon". She spoke up, walking over. "Did you just come in?". 
Hayeon nodded slowly. "Yeah, why?". 
"What about Jisung? When is he coming?". 

"He's not coming in today". She answered, biting down on her bottom lip. "He took sick leave since he's not feeling well". 

Mina's lips formed into a slight 'o' shape as she nodded. "Oh, really?".
"Why? Is everything okay?". The younger asked, her brows now knotting in concern. 

Mina sighed, shaking her head. "Yeah, everything's fine. Its just that his mother came here". 

Hayeon's heart dropped hearing the reply, eyes flickering towards the elder confusedly. "You mean Jisung's mother? She came here?". 
There was obvious surprise and disbelief which underlined her voice. 

Mina nodded. "She's been waiting for half an hour in the guest room. I told her I would let her know to swing by once he comes in for work but she's been adamant on staying and seeing him herself". She added. "What should I tell her?".