50

trigger warning ⚠️
mentions of physical & verbal abuse, trauma, abusive relationship trauma etc 

Authors P.O.V 

Hayeon accepted the incoming call, smiling after seeing the contact name and bringing her phone to her ear to hear the energetic voice of her younger sister float through. 

"Yeonie, you're not asleep yet?". She questioned. 

The elder smiled softly, leaning back against the couch. "Nope. I don't feel so sleepy". She answered. "How's mum?". 

Mihyeon grinned. "She's good. She misses you a lot. And we were stalking yours and Jisung's Instagram yesterday too". Her voice changed into a teasing tone. "How are things going between you two?". 

The dark-haired felt a wave of warmth wash over her. 
Just hearing his name being mentioned made her ecstatic and miss his presence although they saw each other everyday for hours. 

"Everything's fine". She replied, the corners of her lips twitching upwards as she fiddled with the stitching on her sweatpants. "What did mum say then?". 

"She's happy for you of course". Mihyon replied. "She hasn't mentioned Yejun ever since. I guess he's on her good side because she knew him from when you both attended school together so she's let that trust on that he's a good person". 
"I'm relieved". She murmured in response. 

Jisung had only met her mother a few times during their period together in high school. But she couldn't really remember any event that would've possibly given a bad impression of him.

Surprisingly, he'd always been quite respectful and favoured by the elders in their neighbourhood and her mother was no different. 

It made her wonder for a second why his own parents disapproved of him so much. 

Pushing away the thought, she sighed, straightening herself on the couch as her eyes grazed over her laptop and the numerous files that were opened. 

Her body stilled for a second, smile fading quickly. 

"Why are you so quiet?".
Mihyeon's voice invaded the dark-haired's thoughts, pulling her away from her trance.
"I'm just thinking. I feel like I have too much to think about lately". She responded truthfully. "I'm in a tricky situation". 

The euphoric tone underlining her sisters' voice quickly transitioned into a concerned one. "Why? Is everything okay? Did something happen?". 

Hayeon debated whether she should come clean and ask the younger for advice to sort her messy mind or hide it, like she always did. 

"Let me just ask you one question". She interjected. "Should I report Yejun to the police?". 

There was a deathly silence that overtook their call, making it obvious the sudden question startled her who had assumed things between them were a closed book. 

She, herself, felt her heartbeat quicken out of anxiety. 

"Did he do something? Has he approached you again?". Mihyeon asked, her tone growing heavy and angry. She cursed under her breath, sighing harshly. 
"I'm fine, Mihyeon". She assured gently. "I promise, don't worry. But there's been some things that've been worrying me. That's why I'm torn on whether to go for it or not". 

"Of course you should!". She exclaimed. "That's not even something to think about, Yeon. If you can, then report him immediately". 

That was all she needed to hear. 

The elder felt oddly comforted after hearing her younger sisters' words, and strangely motivated too. She'd been dwelling on it for the past few hours, unable to come to a conclusion.