37

Authors P.O.V

Hayeon parked her car in the entertainment building parking lot, locking it after getting out. For some reason, she felt nervous again. A certain apprehension wavered her as she slowly walked into the elevator. 

She'd felt like this every time she came back in person to work after the gap of a few days. It became a natural yet still irritably nerve-wracking feeling. 

Not to mention the presence of Yejun. 

She was growing sick of coming to work every single day with a horrible twist in her stomach that held her back from even breathing at a normal rate. Her fingers travelled to her neck, where the marks from before had faded yet the pain still remained fresh as ever. 

A harsh sigh left her lips once the elevator doors parted, and she stepped out to walk towards the producing room. 

"It's great to see you again". The voice of CEO Yoon made her spin around and dip a bow, a polite smile making its way onto her lips. "Its only been a few days, but its empty without our young talented Producer Lee". 

"It feels like I'm coming back after a while too". She replied, forcing her smile to stretch wider. "When will the meeting be starting?". 

CEO Yoon sighed softly. "Ah, the meeting?". She shook her head. "Its been delayed till two days later for now. You must've not received the update yet". 
"Oh, can I ask why?". She questioned.
"Director Kang is currently admitted in the hospital, although he hasn't confirmed exactly why. So we've delayed the weekly meeting for now since he has some important announcements prepared". 

Hayeon's hand that was tucking back a strand of hair, dropped to her side upon hearing the specific words. 

Hospital?

She furrowed brows, lips parting to question more but CEO Yoon received a call right then and excused herself, quickly walking down the hallway. The dark-haired was left in a wondering daze as she headed to the producing room, twisting open the doorknob. 

The lights inside were already switched on and she spotted the back of the black-haired boy's head who had his headphones on concentratively. 

Upon hearing the doorknob click, he took the headphones off, placing them on the side before swivelling around in his chair. 

That only caused Hayeon's shock to intensify further.
She rushed over to him, narrowing her eyes at the small bandage he had on her cheek and despite it, Jisung smiled at her. 

"What happened to your cheek?". She asked, worriedly. She pulled out her chair from behind her desk to sit facing him. 
Jisung touched the bandage lightly. "Ah, this? It's nothing much". He assured, changing the topic. "Did you hear yet? Kang Yejun is in the hospital".

She nodded slowly, confusion evident in her eyes. 
"Yeah, I just heard from CEO Yoon. It was so unexpected".

"He has a broken arm and bruised cheek". Jisung stated. 

Hayeon furrowed her brows deeper, turning her head at him questioningly. "Seriously? Who told you that? How do you know?".
"Because I was the one who did it". 

The dark-haired sat upright, eyes widening after hearing his statement. "What?". She breathed out, bewildered at him who seemed so calm whilst continuously meeting her eye. "You beat him up? Are you absolutely insane?". She exclaimed. 

"Then what? Did you expect me to let him off after he hurt you". His expression hardened concernedly. "I was still holding myself back, even though I know he deserves worse. You know".