53

Authors P.O.V

It was almost seven in the morning when Hayeon's eyes fluttered open. 

There was sunshine spilling through the middle of the slightly parted curtains, allowing warmth to envelope them. She glanced towards the soundly sleeping boy beside her, carefully retracting her arms from around him and slowly slipping out of the bed to go freshen up. 

After she'd washed her face and livened up a little, the dark-haired entered the kitchen to open the closed blinds and wash the few dishes occupying the sink. 

She grunted complainingly, feeling her head ache a little. 
It was the aftereffects of drinking and staying up late. 

After she'd finished the dishes, she made the effort to prepare a lovely breakfast for the pair to have before they headed to work. 

She was setting up the food on the table when the ringing of her phone distracted her, causing her to step over to accept the incoming call. 
Her younger sisters' face appeared on the screen as soon as she took the videocall. 

"Good morning to my baby sister". She cooed, smiling. "Going to school?". 
The younger was in the bus with her headphones plugged in and her uniform on display. 

She sighed, nodding. "Unfortunately. Where are you? Doesn't seem like your apartment in the background". She remarked, noticing the changes in the background. "Wait, are you at Jisung's place?". 

Hayeon chuckled at her eyes that were as wide as saucepans. "Yeah, I am. I'm making breakfast for us right now". 

She flipped the camera to show the display of the breakfast she made. 

The table was beautifully set with a jug of juice, a plate with fruit cut neatly, dumpling soup, a bowl of boiled eggs, potato pancakes, a small plate of kimchi and rolled omelettes. 

A single candle was lit, resting in the middle of the table while the cutlery was set up to perfection for two people. 

"Wow, what is this? What a grand breakfast". Mihyeon exclaimed in awe. "How long did it take you to cook all this?".
"Only two hours". She answered. 
"Only?". The younger exaggerated. "Look at you putting in so much effort for a boy". 

She flipped the camera back to herself, tsking at her sisters' expected response before sitting down on a stool tucked behind the countertop. 

"He does a lot for me too. It makes me want to return the care and attention he gives". She admitted. "Everyone expresses their sincerity in different ways". 
Mihyeon grinned teasingly. "Okay, woah, girlfriend material much". 
"Untrue, I'm not even close to it yet". She denied instantly, chuckling. "I wish I could do more. It doesn't compare to how much he's done for me". 

"Do more what?". 
Hayeon's head snapped to Jisung who had just come out his room, looking a little sleepy.
He let out a yawn, stretching his arms as he walked over towards her. 

"You're awake". She stated. "Freshened up?". 
He hummed a 'yeah' in response, catching a glimpse of the table that was filled with delicious dishes. 

Jisung's head whipped quickly towards her who stood nearby with a grin on her lips. "What is all this?". He gasped, looking closely at every dish with confounded expression on his face. 

She stuck out her hand to motion to the table. "Breakfast is served!". 
"You made all this for breakfast?". He asked, baffled. 
She shrugged nonchalantly as though it had been a piece of cake. "Yep".
"It looks so good". He stated, rubbing his hands together with a smile cornering his lips. "You didn't have to put so much effort but your food always tastes amazing. Thanks".