26

Authors P.O.V

h.yeon18 posted a new story

yeon18 posted a new story

...

"A formal birthday party?". Yuqi raised a brow, sipping her drink. "That actually sounds fun. Plus the Han family is rich. They'll probably spend a good amount on decors and food". 

"It's going to be in a fancy hall, I searched up the location". Hayeon added, grabbing a chocolate bar from the small cute picnic basket they'd brought along. She handed half to Ryujin. "There'll be all sorts of people there". 

Ryujin furrowed her brows. "All sorts of people?". 

"Jihoon's friends, their parents' coworkers and people in their little wealthy circle, reporters and all". She nodded. 

Yuqi glanced at her friend worriedly, pushing back her hair. "Hey, you're not the type to shower in loads of attention. People will be interested in Jisung's life since he didn't inherit his mothers' company. Naturally, that interest will drift to you too. Will it be okay?". 

Her concern made Hayeon smile. 

"That's why I have to be there". She replied, a smile on her lips as she gazed out. 

Yuqi cocked her head, curiously. "What do you mean by that?". 

"I don't want Jisung to deal with all that alone, you know". She elaborated, without revealing his anxiety, which only she was mainly aware of. "It'll be better if I'm there with him too, I guess. A distraction? Or something similar". 

Yuqi clicked her tongue, shaking her head with crinkled eyes as she grinned. "Wow, what is this?". 

Hayeon's cheeks flushed pink and she looked away. "Being part of all his family gatherings is part of our agreement anyway. We have to make his side believe we're actually dating, you know". 

Ryujin nudged her. "Nothing more than that?". She looked at her like she was a suspect for a murder case. 

"Nothing more than that". Hayeon assured, pursing her lips.