57

Authors P.O.V

Hayeon left early the next morning to the shopping mall to buy Jisung's gift while he was still asleep. He'd decided to stay over since they'd be leaving together for the seaside early in the morning anyway.

 And maybe because she brought him inner peace and warmth, something he didn't feel in the four walls of his lonely apartment. 

Not that she minded anyway, if anything, she was thrilled whenever he decided to sleep over at hers. Every moment they spent together healed her a little more, bit by bit. 

When she returned from the mall and pressed in her keypad lock, she prayed the blonde-haired would still be fast asleep like before. 

Tip-toeing her way to the second room in her apartment, which she mainly stuffed with extra belongings, she carried the newly bought guitar and placed it in a corner before closing the door behind her. 

When she turned around, a surprised shriek escaped her lips seeing Jisung stand right there in front of her, his eyes sleepy and hair messily covering his forehead. 

Her screech made him scream too as his sleepiness was washed away suddenly. 

"Wait! Why are we screaming?". He asked with a bewildered expression.
"You scared me to death!". She glared. 

She pressed a hand to her chest to feel her heart bouncing up and down aggressively from the sudden unintended jump-scare. 

He looked at her in disbelief, pointing at himself. "Me? What did I do?". He asked, incredulously. He then pointed at her. "You're the one who screeched like a suspicious little banshee". 

"Its because you walked up so quietly". She defended. 

He held his hands up in surrender. "Okay, angel, my bad". 

She tsked at him lightly before walking over to the kitchen to start packing the picnic food for their little trip to the seaside. 

Jisung parted ways with her, heading over to the bathroom to take a shower and freshen up, consistently yawning as he tried negotiating with her to let him sleep a little more however she did not budge. 

She placed the food inside containers, putting them in a picnic basket. The basket was soon overfilled with food and a large bottle of water. 

She was midway folding a picnic mat when Jisung walked out of the bathroom. 

He sported a sleeveless navy button-up shirt and denim jeans. His blonde hair was wet, falling in his eyes as some strands clung to his forehead. A small black towel was draped over his right shoulder. 

She saw a teasing smile pull at his lips, causing her to quickly look away and focus on closing the picnic basket securely instead. 

"Should we get going?". He questioned, drying his hair with the towel. He glanced at the clock which hung in the living room. "Its nearly eleven". 

"Let me just go change quickly". She nodded. 

Hayeon disappeared into her room and then came out looking fresh and clean in her new outfit just fifteen minutes later.

 She'd paired a navy blazer top with loose black pants and white sneakers. She'd intended for them both to match.

She glanced over at him, a grin forming on her lips. "Matching outfits". She stated, pointing to his before hers. 

Jisung smiled widely, walking towards her with open arms and she walked directly into his embrace. She wrapped her arms loosely around him, allowing her chin to rest on his shoulder. They had the perfect height difference for a comfortable hug.