By any other name - Part 6 - Sherlock x John x Reader

"Sherlock." John almost whispered, as he opened the door to his friend's room.

"Sherlock." He repeated, a little louder this time, as he made his way into the darkened space.

Okay, he knew that he wasn't going to get much of a response. Or should that be, he knew that he wasn't going to get any response at all. Sherlock having gone into his mind palace the day before. But he had to try. He had to do something. For a moment he had thought about calling Mycroft. Seeing if the older Holmes would come over, given that Sherlock was a little preoccupied. But he had thought better of it. Something about the look on this (Y/n)'s face telling John that that should be the last thing he should do.

"Sherlock. (Y/n) is here. She's in the other room. She wants to talk to you. She says that its important." John continued, as he stood in front of his flatmate. The doctor brushing his hands through his hair in utter frustration as Sherlock didn't move an inch. John not sure what else he should do.

"Excuse me, Doctor Watson." A voice suddenly came. John turning to see their visitor make her way over to them. The doctor moving out of the way, as she stopped. John staring wide eyed as he watched her palm connect with Sherlock's cheek. The consulting detective almost jumping out of his skin, as he felt the sting. Sherlock staring up at the woman in front of him, in disbelief.

"Hello Sherlock. I am sorry to have to do that, but I don't have time to play your little games. That, and I am really not in the mood. Now, I need to talk to you about your brother." (Y/n) explained, as she offered Sherlock her hand. The detective taking it and letting her help him up.

"(Y/n)............? What are you doing here..........?" Sherlock enquired. The doctor shaking her head as she looked up at him. Sure, that despite the years, Sherlock hadn't changed at all.

"I just told you Sherlock. I am here to talk about Mycroft. Now, will you hurry up. I don't know about you, but I have other things that I need to do today." (Y/n) explained again, before heading out of the room. John just standing there in astonishment as he looked between the closing door and Sherlock. His friend still rubbing his cheek.

                                                             >>--------------------------------<<

"So, your son is Mycroft's." Sherlock stated directly, as he sat down in his chair, and placed his fingers on the teapot to see if it was still warm.

"Oh, Sherlock........Many things have changed over the years. But you definitely haven't. You are still as blunt, rude and to the point as you ever were." (Y/n) sighed, looking over at him, as he took a cup and poured some of the still hot tea into it.

"Then I will do you the favour of being as equally blunt and to the point........I know that Mycroft is up to something. I know that the competition that Dante won, was down to him. I want him to leave us alone, Sherlock. I want him to stay out of my son's life. Dante has enough to think about without a man that he does not know suddenly invading his life. He has never had a father and does not need one now. I have sacrificed everything for Dante, and he has become a man that I am more than proud of. A wonderful, caring and kind young man. And I will not let Mycroft ruin his life, like he ruined mine. So, I am begging Sherlock, to speak to you brother. To make him see sense. I will not allow my son to turn into a cold, heartless and unfeeling creature, that cares nothing for others. And even less for how their actions can destroy the people that love them." (Y/n) explained quietly, before she got to her feet and grabbed her bag.

"It was a pleasure to meet you, Doctor Watson. I hope that you will say nothing of this when my son arrives next week." (Y/n) continued with a sigh, offering a shocked John her hand, before moving towards the front door of the flat.

"Don't you think that your son is already a Holmes? Accepted to a prestigious university at his age. Able to solve my case. It is true that he might not bare the name..................."

"Nor will he ever. Your brother forfeit his right to be a father the night I tried to tell him that I was pregnant. The night that he proved how little he really did care for me. The night that he proved that he, his work, were more important than I or his child would ever be. Dante does not need to know about any of this. Nor does Mycroft. The truth will only end up with more people being hurt than there needs to be. And when this little meeting is over, Dante and I will go about our lives, and you can all get back to yours." (Y/n) replied, as she turned back to look at the younger Holmes. Shaking her head, as Sherlock just sipped on his tea.

"Again, Doctor Watson..........a pleasure..........." (Y/n) added, before opening the door and making her way down the stairs. John turning to look at his friend. Not sure if there was anything he could say. Not sure he really wanted to say anything. But having the most terrible feeling that when the next week came around, it was definitely going to be more than he bargained for.