ESSENTIAL DIVERSITY

Diversity: the art of thinking independently together.
(Malcolm Forbes)

We should indeed keep calm in the face of difference, and live our lives in a state of inclusion and wonder at the diversity of humanity.
(George Takei)

Unity, not uniformity, must be our aim. We attain unity only through variety. Differences must be integrated, not annihilated, not absorbed.
(Mary Parker Follett)

When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free.
(Charles Evans Hughes)

Reflection :
Diversity is what makes us unique in the world and sets us apart from others.
It intertwines in many ways and aspects until it becomes one with itself.
Often due to the prejudices that some people still have, being different is seen many times as something not the same as a whole and in some moments they try to mock or even exclude people only for the gender they are, for the language they speak, the culture they possess and the religion they profess, but also often the subject of discussion is the color of the skin in which beauty dresses.
In recent years there has been something to increase cases of people discriminated against and for this reason people have rightly decided to demonstrate and make their voices heard, trying to change something that has long remained unstable.
Despite this, the umpteenth episodes are still repeated today, thus showing the lack of interest and integration on the part of some.
It will take some time to stop these unprecedented situations, but more than anything else to accept the inclusiveness that is often viewed with contempt.
What we can do is learn to appreciate diversity and see it in its different shades.