MISERABLE POVERTY

Overcoming poverty is not a gesture of charity.
It is an act of justice.
(Nelson mandela)

The opposite of poverty is not wealth. The opposite of poverty is justice.
(Bryan Stevenson)

What is the weight of a tear?
The tears of a child throwing a tantrum weighs less than the wind, that of a hungry child weighs more than the whole earth.
(Gianni Rodari)

I am opposing a social order in which it is possible for one man who does absolutely nothing that is useful to amass a fortune of hundreds of millions of dollars, while millions of men and women who work all the days of their lives secure barely enough for a wretched existence.
(Eugene Victor Debs)

Reflection :
Poverty is the lack of what is needed in terms of material need, but also the inadequate availability of opportunities and choices essential to lead a dignified life.
There are different types of them united all starting from the scarcity of both economic and material resources, reaching the extreme.
Over a billion people in the world live in absolute poverty without having access to clean water, food and medical care for which they often die. Yet there are countries in which the problem does not persist and then it happens that we forget the real problem for which our society has created impressive imbalances of the economic and also social level.
To cope with this situation, associations have been established over the years with the aim of developing a system capable of helping people for a common well-being.
It is clear, however, that this is not enough to override it, but a real contribution from everyone is needed.
What can be done is to help people in difficulty through donations or even showing solidarity.