THE PLEAUSURE OF READING

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
(Mason Cooley)

That is part of the beauty of all literature.
You discover that your longings are universal longings, that you're not lonely and isolated from anyone.
You belong.
(Francis Scott Fitzgerald)

Without words, without writing and without books there would be no history, there could be no concept of humanity.
(Hermann Hesse)

Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly.
(Francesco Bacone)

Reflection:
Reading books means living in worlds different from ours, discovering and learning something new, but above all feeling alive.
It means letting oneself be shared sometimes and understanding a part of ourselves that we didn't know we had.
It is finding the right inspiration and a new way of seeing things from another perspective.
It is a mirror that allows us to see beyond what we are used to seeing and to imagine other ever larger and more pleasant adventures.
It is a refuge that allows us to be in peace and if used for a right purpose it can support a cure.
It is a powerful weapon of freedom and mass education that we all need. For this we must read what is right for us and savor every moment so that it is not just a memory.