ILLUSORY APPEARENCE

Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.
(Niccolò Machiavelli)

The world is governed more by appearance than realities so that it is fully as necessary to seem to know something as to know it.
(Daniel Webster)

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Reflection:
Appearance is the way in which a person looks almost not corresponding to reality.
It is a means of hiding the various superficialities and weaknesses that one does not want to show to others. Often a mask is worn to please and attract the attention of others, but also to deceive and it is in this case that it is up to us to establish the truth.
Those who love us never lie and never judge, but appreciate our being which is a somewhat complicated test to face in the face of the society in which we live.
This because nowadays it is important and counts for many to appear more than to be and to continuously show themselves on platforms which thus become an "image showcase" and tend to imitate ever more spectacular models without looking at reality and reflecting on the consequences.
It's better to always be yourself than to lose and ruin your identity and image for something that doesn't represent you.