Ego

Saturday morning Hoseok wakes up and stares at the ceiling trying to figure out what happened last night. What got into Nari? How did he let her break him down so easily?

He had never thought of doing anything with her before. She always seemed off limits in his mind. Not only because she's already in a relationship, albeit a garbage one, but also because he only saw her as his best friend. His little sister who he should protect although she's only one year younger than him. But he can't shake the image of her on her knees before him. The way she begged him to make her feel good. It's like she learned his biggest weakness and used it to her advantage.

Was she in her right mind? Was she so mad about her fight with Leo that she lost all reason and Hoseok just so happened to be at the right place at the right time? Why did any of this happen?

His focus is lost, all he can think about is how good she felt, but also if it was a mistake. He wonders if he should go back to the bar tonight and ask her what that was about. Or should he avoid her for a few days and wait for the dust to settle first?

The day becomes night and he finally makes a quick decision to go to the bar. Somewhere in his haze he must have forgotten what day it is because he arrives to a busy and lively bar. Why did he think they'd be able to talk here now? Still, he takes his place at the bar figuring he'd may as well get a drink since he's here.

"Whiskey?" Nari asks with a smile.

"I think I'll just have a beer," he says as if the whiskey was the problem last night.

"Beer?" She asks raising an eyebrow. "As you wish." She smirks and fills a glass.

"Do I have to worry about your boyfriend showing up again?" He asks as she places the glass in front of him.

"No," she sighs. "I don't think so."

"You don't seem so sure."

"You know how he is."

"Yeah, I do. That's why we need to talk."

"You picked a fine time," she chuckles. "You'll be lucky to get me for five minutes."

"I've got all night," he says sipping his beer.

All night is exactly what it ends up taking. She's moving around nonstop mixing drinks, cleaning counters, and flirting for a few extra tips from the big spenders. She refills Hoseok's beer periodically but doesn't stop for more than two minutes at a time. He's about five beers in by the time the last customer leaves.

"How are you getting home?" She asks wiping down the counter for a final time.

"I drove," he says finishing the last of his final beer.

"That's not how you're getting home though."

"Why not?"

"Because I know you, and I know you've passed your limit a few drinks ago," she chuckles.

"You're the one who kept serving me," he smirks.

"That's why I'm the one who's going to take you home."

"You don't need to do that."

"But I want to." She looks at him with her pleading eyes. That look is giving him flashbacks to last night that prickles his skin with goosebumps.

"What about your boyfriend? Isn't he going to sniff your car seats and know you had someone else in there?" He says sarcastically.

"Don't start, Hobi." She says rolling her eyes.

"Are you going to tell me what last night was about?"

"Nothing," she sighs. "He just...doesn't like me working here."