Fight or Fight

There's been little information on Leo's whereabouts. He hasn't returned to his apartment at all since Nari got away from him. Police have been looking in both Seoul and Busan hoping to find him.

With each day that passes Nari grows more unsettled. Hoseok is doing his best to keep her at ease but it's getting more and more difficult. She hates when he leaves for work. After she called him mid panic attack one day, he was able to convince his job to let him work from home for the time being. Going to the store is also nearly impossible with or without her. Thankfully he's been able to use delivery services so they can get what they need without going anywhere.

Jin gave in to Minnie's request for a princess birthday party and Nari gladly volunteered to help decorate and teach Minnie's friends how to make some simple jewelry. Hoseok was happy to see her working with Minnie and all of her friends. She has incredible patience with the kids even when they started getting rowdy from a constant stream of cotton candy.

Both Jin and Taebin remark how natural she is with kids. Hoseok didn't even realize she had it in her. He's used to seeing her lose her shit with drunk assholes at the bar, but with a group of 10 kids it's like she's not phased at all. She takes her time to make sure everyone understands what to do, and spends extra time with one child who seemed to be having a hard time.

Of course no princess party is complete without the royal ball. Taebin takes over at this point to teach the girls a little ballroom dancing, which is mostly just them twirling around in their dresses. By now Jin is on his third drink and Hoseok is following right behind him. He's starting to feel sorry for his parents because he had no idea how much work a birthday party was. He's exhausted although he's only been making cotton candy.

The party only lasted 4 hours but it felt like 10 to Hoseok. Regardless, Minnie had a great birthday and she and all her friends had a fun time and that's all that matters.

It isn't until they get home when Hoseok sees how tired Nari is. She held up well throughout the party, but once she stepped foot into the bedroom she threw herself across the bed staring at the ceiling.

"So they really did wear you out," Hoseok chuckles grabbing her foot and massaging it.

"They were fine," she laughs. "I just don't know how one kid has so many friends."

"What if our kid has a lot of friends?"

"I'm setting a limit on how many can come to the party."

"Good luck with that," he laughs. "You were really good with them though. I didn't know you had so much patience in you."

"One of us has to have patience," she jokes.

"Are you saying I don't have patience? After putting up with you for so long?"

"I love you, Hobi," she giggles.

"That's what I thought."

Minnie's birthday party seems to be just what Nari needed to lift her spirits in the midst of uncertainty surrounding Leo's whereabouts. At least that's what Hoseok thought at first.

A few days later Hoseok is awakened in the middle of the night by a loud cry. Nari is clutching on to him tightly trembling and in tears.

"What's wrong?" He asks pulling her into his embrace.

"I had a nightmare," she cries through her uneven breaths. "He's coming."

"It's ok," he says rubbing her back and kissing her forehead. "I'm here. It was just a dream."

"He's going to come back," she continues crying. "I know he is he's going to get us."

"Take a deep breath," he says gently. "It was just a dream."