Holiday Spirit

Monday is another day where Hoseok struggles to leave for work when Nari is sleeping sweetly next to him. He does his usual routine of making a small breakfast to leave for her when she wakes up and kissing her lightly before he leaves.

After work he gets home to her hard at work making jewelry. He can tell she must have gone out and bought more things. There's a new set of wires and an abundance of gems that definitely weren't there before.

"Hard at work?" He says kissing her.

"Something like that," she says with forced enthusiasm.

"What's wrong?" He asks instantly. She should know by now that he can pick up even the slightest change in her tone and know when something is bothering her.

"Nothing," she says avoiding eye contact.

"Bullshit. What's wrong?"

"It's not a big deal. It's just that Leo called me today." She continues looking down at her work in progress trying to avoid the scowl she knows is painted across his face.

"How? From where? For what?" He asks.

"He said he has to serve 30 days for the DUI."

"And??" Hoseok asks sitting next to her waiting for her to look at him at least once.

"He just apologized for everything. Said he's sorry for the way he treated me and that he wants to make things right when he gets out."

"And what did you say?" He's almost regrets asking afraid that her answer may rip a hole in his chest.

"I didn't say anything. I let him say what he wanted to say, then told him he was a little too late to try apologizing."

"What else did you say?" He asks placing a finger on her chin and turning her undivided attention to his face.

"That was it."

"Then why do you look so bothered right now?"

"I just hope they can get him for the other crimes within 30 days so he can't get out," she sighs. "I don't know what I'd do if he got out."

"I don't want you to worry about that," he says kissing her forehead. "I'll take care of you no matter what."

"I know, I just don't want anything to happen to you. If he gets to you I don't know what I'd do. You shouldn't have to be in the middle of my shit."

"I'm in the middle of your shit because I love you. I don't care about anything else but you and your safety."

"I love you too," she says. "But that's why I want you to let me protect you. Let me try to do something for you."

"What are you planning on doing?"

"Nothing, I just hope he doesn't get out at all."

It seems like the police ought to have plenty of evidence on him by now. 30 days seems like it would be enough time when they've already been investigating him for a while now. Hoseok knows Nari is worried about it, but he doesn't feel she should be.

He doesn't want her to spend much time thinking too much about it, so he does whatever he can to keep her attention on other things. Since Christmas is less than a month away he takes her out to buy Christmas decor that they put around the entire apartment once they get home. Of course no holiday decor is complete without her buying supplies to make her own snow globes to put on display around the apartment.

It all works for a while. She's sucked into the magic of winter, making lots of jewelry inspired by the snowy weather and enjoying warm foods she hasn't had since she was younger living at home with her mom and sister. Their intimacy is explosive and addicting to both of them. They're constantly tangled up together keeping themselves warm with blankets, body heat, and hot cocoa.