Pains, Trains, and Automobiles

Waking up alone sucks. Hoseok finds little motivation to get out of bed. Without Nari what's the point? He knows he probably upset her last night. At the very least he knows she'll probably throw something at him when she sees him. Especially after reading the string of texts she sent him this morning.

Nari: JEONG HOSEOK
Nari: THAT WAS VERY FUCKING MEAN!!
Nari: HOW THE FUCK COULD YOU DO THAT TO ME?!
Nari: YOU ASSHOLE!!!
Nari: 🤬🤬🔪🔪🤬🤬🔪🔪
Nari: HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO THE ONE YOU LOVE?!?
Nari: WHAT KIND OF LOVE IS THAT??
Nari: ILL GET YOU BACK FOR THAT!!
Hoseok: Love you too, babe 😘 I'll see you tonight ❤️
Nari: IF I SEE YOU TONIGHT ILL KILL YOU
Hoseok: Can you pour me one last drink before you do that?
Nari: FUCK YOU!
Hoseok: You're the best, my love ❤️❤️❤️❤️

He knows he's going to hear it from her when he sees her but that's the fun of it. The frustration in him may not have fully subsided but at least he can get a small sense of ease from her. This is the first time in weeks that he's not only been able to get a night with her without Leo around, but also the most she's texted him directly. He'll consider this a tiny victory.

Another victory comes when he gets to the bar to see that Leo isn't there again. Two nights in a row is rare it makes Hoseok wonder what's going on, but his heart is too focused on Nari to care in this moment. She doesn't look quite as pleased to see him though.

"I told you not to come," she says when he sits down.

"You didn't tell me not to come," he smirks. "You just said you would kill me if you saw me."

"So you want me to kill you?"

"Are you going to?"

"Do you enjoy being a pain in the ass?" She rolls her eyes and pours him a glass of whiskey.

"I'm sorry, babe," he giggles. "Will you ever forgive me?"

"No," she pouts. "That was really mean."

"How can I make it up to you?"

"Well," she thinks a moment then leans across the counter getting right in front of his face. "Finish the fucking job next time," she says through her teeth.

"I can definitely do that," he smirks.

"I still don't like you though," she says stepping away to assist a customer.

Throughout the night she reminds him how much she doesn't like him at the moment, but her words are betrayed by the smile that creeps across her face whenever he looks at her. She tries to hide it but he sees it every time. Her smile could fuel him for 50 years.

The end of the night comes and as Nari is walking back after locking the door, Hoseok decides to tease her more.

"Do you still hate me?" He asks with a smile.

"Yes!" She says stepping up to him and hitting his arm. "I still hate you very much!"

"Aww baby I said I'm sorry," he croons getting out of his seat and putting his arms around her waist.

"Don't try to be all sweet now when you were so mean to me yesterday."

"I love you though," he giggles kissing her. "I think you're the most beautiful girl in the world." He peppers her lips with more kisses. "And I would do anything for you."