Huimang 희망

Hoseok managed to convince Nari to tell Namjoon what happened. She was too embarrassed to go into deep detail, but he understood what she was trying to say. He said he would make sure an officer stays near the bar at all times. He also apologized for the lack of information he's provided during the course of this investigation. He's only able to tell them so much since it's still ongoing, but he knows it can be frustrating for them to wait without knowing anything.

Nari agrees, though reluctantly, to take the week off from work. She spent the entire day Monday texting Hoseok while he was at work. She was restless and didn't know what to do with herself. When Hoseok asked her what she normally does on her days off she tells him she's usually trying to catch up on all the sleep she doesn't get the rest of the week. What she didn't say is that she's always anxious or on edge when she's home that it's nearly impossible for her to get good sleep. She hasn't felt well rested until spending these last couple of nights with Hoseok.

To help Nari get through her boredom while he's working, Hoseok stopped by a craft store on his way home. He found a jewelry making set and thought she would like it since she enjoys crafting accessories.

"What's this?" She asks when he returns home.

"Something for you to do while I'm gone," he smiles presenting her with the box of beads, strings, wires, and everything else she could need to make jewelry until her heart's content.

"Really?" Her face lights up as she looks at everything included. "This is cool! Thanks, babe," she leans over giving him a kiss. "I'll make the first piece for you."

"Thanks, love," he giggles. "Make it a good one."

"Of course. Only the best for my Hobi."

"How is your body feeling?" He ask looking over all of her cuts and bruises to make sure she's healing well.

"Better," she says lifting her shirt to show the bruise on her stomach that's beginning to fade.

Her lip is no longer swollen and some of her smaller scratches are almost completely unnoticeable. She still has a purple bruise on her cheek and one on her neck, but overall Hoseok is happy that she's looking better little by little.

"So," he says putting his arms around her waist and pulling her into him. "What do you want me to make you for dinner?"

"Hmm," she ponders. "What could you make?"

"Anything you want."

"Oh really? What about a 10 oz hanwoo steak with a side of shrimp fried rice?" She asks with a large cheeky smile.

"How about kimchi jjigae and a salad," he giggles.

"That's perfect," she laughs kissing him.

She follows him into the kitchen eager to watch his process. He gets all of his ingredients and cooking tools out and ready to get started.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" She asks.

"I thought you weren't good at cooking?" He laughs beginning to chop some kimchi.

"I'm not," she laughs nervously. "But I'm sure I can do something."

"Do you want to put the salad together?"

"That seems too easy that it's a little insulting," she jokes.

"Do you want to cook the whole meal?" He prods back.

"I'll stick to the salad," she says quickly.

They both make it through preparing dinner with Hoseok doing most of the work and Nari catching the brunt of his teasing.