A Whole New World

Monday February 24, 2:40 am, Present day

Hoseok is feeling dizzy from everything Nari just told him. He doesn't even know where to begin. There's so much that happened. So much to process. But most importantly...

"You're pregnant?" He asks with his eyes the size of watermelons.

"Yeah," she nods fighting more tears. "I'm...we're going to have a baby."

"Pregnant?" He whispers looking down. His entire world just changed with her words. "And you haven't eaten all day?!" He says getting ready to scold her.

"Hobi-"

"You know you need to eat! Do you see what time it is?? You can't go all day without eating when you're pregnant, Riri! Come in the kitchen I'll make you something." He starts to get up but Nari pulls him back down on the couch.

"Hobi," she chuckles. "I love you so much." She knew that he would find some reason to scold her, but she's not the only guilty party here. "But tell me, what have you eaten today?"

"Well..." he hesitates.

"Baby, you look awful," she says with concern. "I know you haven't been eating, I can just tell by looking at you. And you haven't been cleaning up either. I should be more worried about you."

"I love you," he chuckles leaning over to kiss her lips for the first time in a couple of weeks.

The spark that ignites between them is strong and powerful giving him the strength he hasn't had since she moved back in with Leo in the first place. He holds his place not wanting to let go just yet. He's missed her so much.

"How about I make us some late night ramen?" He says suddenly regaining his appetite that had left him when she did.

"Sounds good," she smiles.

When they get in the kitchen and Hoseok turns the light on Nari is able to see just how rough he looks. She watches him put a pot of water on the stove and fish out a couple of packs of ramen. She can't stop the stabbing pain in her heart as she takes in how his skin looks so pale and his sweatpants are barely able to hang on to his waist. She feels terrible for putting him through that. She could have done things differently but she disappeared for nearly two weeks and it clearly hit him hard.

"My Hobi," she says softly trying to hold back her emotions. She steps to him and wraps her arms around his neck. "I'm so sorry." She softly presses her lips into his. "I wish I could do more to make up for the pain I caused you."

"I'm just happy you're alive," he says holding her waist tightly and taking her lips for a few more kisses.

"But you look like you barely are." She looks up into his hollowed eyes feeling responsible for the state he's in. "I'm so sorry. I can't imagine the pain you felt not knowing where I was for so long. I know I already have a lot of things to make up for, but I promise you I'll make it all up to you for the rest of my life."

"Riri," he says kissing her. "It's ok. You're here now and that's all I ever wanted. I just want you safe with me...both of you."

"That's all?"

"That's all...and maybe promise me you'll memorize my phone number."

"Promise," she smiles sealing her vow with a kiss.

They both prepare their bowls of ramen and sit at the table finishing off every bite. They both continue going back and forth between scolding each other for not taking better care of themselves, and peppering each other with kisses and tears of joy and relief that they're reunited. For the first time in nearly two weeks they're both able to go to bed and fall right to sleep.