Tunnel Vision of Love

Hoseok doesn't want to see or talk to anyone. He's ignored messages from both Taebin and Jin. Neither of them know what's happened between him and Nari last night. They don't know she accepted Leo's proposal and now walks around donning a large diamond ring.

He doesn't want to get out of bed this morning. He wonders what's the point anyway? Nari isn't going to come over pleading for forgiveness. She hasn't been over in a couple weeks now because all of her time is spent with Leo, much more now than before. She doesn't even bother taking the time to respond to his texts anymore these days. Then when he finally sees her she's always got some new gift that she doesn't seem to be ashamed of. What point is there to getting out of bed?

Even the knock at his door isn't pulling him out of bed. He knows it's not Nari. Even if it was he's not sure he wants to see her right now. Thankfully the knocking stops and he falls asleep for another hour until another knock wakes him. This time it's a much louder urgent knocking as if the military were trying to break down his door.

He can't ignore this, though he's upset there's a lot of fear going through him and this could be an emergency. He slides out of bed shuffling to the door to find Jin and Taebin standing there looking deeply concerned.

"Hoseokie are you ok??" Taebin asks when he lets them inside.

"You look fucking terrible!" Jin says inspecting him closer.

"I'm ok," Hoseok lies dropping his weight on the couch.

"No you're not," Taebin says sitting next to him. "You haven't been answering anyone, which is very unlike you."

"This was also on your door when we got here," Jin says handing Hoseok a note.

It's JK's job to be the punching bag.
Leo has you right where he wants you.
Do better.

"What?" Hoseok whispers trying to sort everything out in his head.

"What happened?" Jin asks. "What does this guy mean?"

"Shit," Hoseok sighs.

He takes a deep breath and details everything from the gifts to the engagement to the nightly fights to his feelings of hurt and betrayal. Jin and Taebin both look at each other once he's done telling everything. They don't say anything right away, only raising eyebrows and making subtle faces at one another.

"What the fuck is this telepathy game you two are playing?" Hoseok huffs. "Say something!"

"Hoba calm down," Jin chuckles. "Did you think that maybe you're being a little unreasonable?"

"Oh fuck off, whose side are you on?" Hoseok says stubbornly.

"I'm on the side of good sense."

"Hoseok," Taebin says taking a more softer approach. "I know you feel strongly about her, but you're letting your emotions cloud your judgement and you're forgetting the situation she's in. Don't you think she would have said no to him if her safety wasn't constantly being threatened?"

"I get that, but why is she flashing it all in my face? What is she trying to prove?" Hoseok huffs.

"You said JK was there last night," Jin says. "Don't you think that maybe she keeps wearing that stuff while she's at work because she knows Leo's friends are always sneaking around to spy on her? Think about it, Hoba, you're smart. If JK goes back to say she wasn't wearing her ring or anything else do you think she'll be safe when she goes home?"

"Well..." Hoseok can't say much else. He realizes Jin is right. He had been so engulfed in his own emotional flames that he couldn't see the full picture.