Obsession

Hoseok has been obsessing about Nari and the baby ever since she broke the news to him. He's bought every prenatal vitamin he could find and has searched online endlessly for tips and advice to prepare himself. He's also been texting Jin endlessly since he's the only friend Hoseok has that's a father and already knows what to expect.

Jin decided to come over Sunday with Minnie so he could talk to Hoseok rather than continuing their exhausting text conversation. Minnie is just happy to hang out with Nari and learn how to craft a few more things. The guys retreat to the kitchen while Nari teaches Minnie how to make anything her heart desires, which seems to be just about everything.

"Is this how things will look for me in 10 years?" Hoseok asks with a fond yet nervous smile.

"Something like that," Jin laughs. "She loves Nari though, I can never get her to sit still as long as Nari does."

"That's because you keep giving her sugar," Hoseok laughs.

"When your kid is old enough you look them in the face and tell me if you'd be able to say no to their every request for candy."

"Is fatherhood going to make me weak like you?"

"You're already weak," Jin teases.

"Don't make me curse."

Hoseok makes them both coffee and they remain in the kitchen teasing each other and discussing what's to be expected as a new parent. He's very grateful to have Jin's experience to learn from. He explains what happens during doctor visits, when to start looking for baby furniture, and even the best toys.

It feels like no time has passed but in reality it's already been a couple of hours and Minnie is running in saying that she's hungry.

"Can we have pizza?" She asks Jin with her puppy eyes.

It takes no more than that for Jin to give in and order pizza delivery for everyone. When it arrives Minnie is ecstatic bouncing to get her plate and digging right in to her pizza.

"Can miss Nari come to my birthday party?" Minnie asks with a mouthful of pizza.

"Your birthday isn't until next month, who said you were even having a party?" Jin asks.

"I want to have a princess party and miss Nari can show my friends how to make princess jewelry," Minnie says with a smile.

"Again," Jin laughs. "Who said you were having a party?"

"Miss Nari said she would help me decorate. I want it to be pink with lots of glitter and a cake shaped like a castle," she continues, eliciting laughter from Hoseok and Nari.

"Can I come too?" Hoseok asks causing Jin to glare at him for encouraging her.

"Yeah!" Minnie beams. "You can make the cotton candy!"

"Oh, you just want me there to do work."

"Be careful what you wish for," Jin chuckles. "Minnie, we'll see about a party. I haven't planned anything yet."

"That's ok, appa," Minnie says with another mouthful of pizza. "I already planned it with aunt Taebin so you don't have to worry."

"I need to have a talk with your aunt Taebin," Jin says as Nari and Hoseok laugh at Minnie's cuteness.

Their lunch continues much the same with Jin and Minnie going back and forth showing how much alike they are. So much so that Minnie also tries bargaining with Jin for an extra slice of pizza after he told her she had enough.

Moments like this make Hoseok excited for what the future may bring.

Then there are moments like sitting in the waiting room for Nari's first appointment that terrify him.