Jordyn VIII PT. I

I'm in work now. It's Wednesday evening and it's been a relatively quiet day, in terms of fires. We've been doing some station maintenance in the meantime.

It was about six in the evening and I and finished all of my duties for the day. I was hungry, naturally. I went into the fridge for my dinner, which Bennie had so kindly made for me. I put it in the microwave and it smelt heavenly when it came out.

"Hey, fatty. I really don't think you should be eating right now. You're growing out a bit." he said as he took my food and started eating it with his fingers. Even if I did get it back, I wouldn't be able to eat it anyway. He has touched my food. That was a big no no for Jordyn. It should be for anyone really. But there's nothing I could do about it. I think I am gaining a little weight.

I left the kitchen and went into the lounge with everybody else. I sat down next Camilla. Everybody was look at me.

"What?" I ask.

"We were gonna wait for you but I don't think I can take it much longer," Vic started, fueling my confusion, "How did your date go?"

I chuckled and pulled my phone out and showed them all the photo that Amber took. Vic screamed and everybody else cheered like normal people.

"My baby's growing up!" she said and put her hand on her chest like a proud mother. Vic really helped me when I first started here since Zoey couldn't, it would've been unfair. So naturally she was my work mom and so was Camilla. The rest are like siblings.

The alarm went off before I could say anything, "Engine 14, Ladder 14 and Aid Car 14,"

That was all of our evenings gone. We all rushed to the garage and suited up. I got in the passanger side of Ladder 14. Vic was the driver. Everybody else got into their vehicles and we all sped down to the fire. Lights and sirens a blaze.

"Dispatch to Ladder 14, do you copy?"

"We copy." I answered.

"Cause of fire, knocked over candle. Five people in the building. Three upstairs and two downstairs. Over."

"Copy that."

We arrived to the place and I recognised it. It was Chelsea's house. But nobody could know that.

We all got out. Obviously I wanted to run in there and get everybody out but I knew better.

"The caller was downstairs with her husband. Her two children and grandchild are upstairs. Turner, Miller. You focus on getting the parents out. Rogermont, Hughes, you focus is upstairs. The rest of you, let's try and put out this fire." Zoey ordered us.

Those of us who were going into the house were putting out maks and gloves on. The others were getting the hoses to the fire hydrants.

Myself and Vic went in first with extinguishers and axes. Just in case. We went straight up the stairs and checked every room.

"LAFD. Is there anybody in here?" we shout into every room. Eventually we came across Amber and Lucy in what I assume to be Lucy's room. There were flames everywhere.

"Hughes! Come in here. We got two." Vic came in straight away.

"You get these two out." I say. She nodded and I had to pick Amber up as she and Lucy were unconscious. This made me worry for Chelsea even more.

We got them out of the house and to the Aid Car and Paramedics. Bits of the structure were falling and collapsing. I had to get Chelsea out.

And so I ran in, conscious that this house could crush me at any moment.