Epilogue I

Chelsea

I am so proud of our Link. She was the star in her school play and absolutely smashed it. Harry and Harley cheered her on and it made so happy that they were so supportive. There's just one thing brining the teenager's mood down, though. Her Mama missed it. It was her second lead role, one that she was very excited for, and she missed it.

Not that we can blame her. Jordyn's job needs a lot of attention. I try explaining this to the high schooler but that doesn't seem to do anything. I wait for her outside by the car. Harry and Harley eager to see their older sister and congratulate her. I doubt there will be a happy young woman coming out of those changing rooms though.

I see her make her way out of the school, her pout is the first thing I noticed. I take a breath and try not to feel my daughter's heartbreak too severely. It upsets me too. But one thing I do know, is that Jordyn tried to be here for Link, she really did.

"Hey, kiddo." I greet when she reaches the car.

"Hey, Mom. Did you enjoy the show?" she pulled a smile across her face.

"I did. You were awesome! Well done. I'm so proud of you, my little Link." I say, pulling her into my arms.

"I'm nearly taller than you, Mom. I'm not that little anymore."

"You'll always be my little Link, no matter how tall you are." I chuckle. "Let's get you in the car. How about McDonald's for dinner tonight?"

"Yeah."

I let the twins talk to Link as I get in the car and start it up. I swear it was yesterday that Link was seven and the twins were four. Now, they're sixteen and thirteen, going on thirty.

I put my shades on as my children climb into the car, my future star in the passenger seat. I take us to the fast food restaurant, eager to get some for myself.

Just as I pulled up, my phone buzzed. It was my darling wife.

Where are you now?

McDonald's, why?

I'm home, come back soon? I need to talk to Link.

Sure.

I look over to the clueless mini-Jordyn. It's disturbing how much they are alike. The same eyes, hair, skin tone, hell even the way they dress and style their hair. That high ponytail that swings just behind the backs of their necks when they walk, but seems to grow when they take it down. They walk the same, talked the same, laugh the same. The only thing Link gets from me is my unhealthy obsession with coffee.

"You okay, Mom?" Link asks me.

"Yeah, Mama wants to speak to you when you get home." I inform her.

"Do you know why?"

"No, sorry."

It came the time to order, so I'd with ease, knowing all of my family's orders off by heart. We soon got the food and paid, leaving the drive thru and heading home.

Link

I found Mama in the office she had her glasses on as she scrolled through her computer, until she noticed me. I took in her appearance, how she was in civilian clothing and not her uniform.

"Hey there, kiddo. You were great today. I'm sorry I couldn't catch you afterwards though."

"You saw me?" I ask, my smile spreading across my face.

"You bet I did. Luckily, shift ended early. I was able to get in, just in time. I was so proud of you. Telling all the people I saw as I left that the main character was my daughter. They said they knew because you got this handsome face," she gestured to her own face, wiggling her eyebrows and making me giggle, "Auntie Apollo watched as well. She's gonna come over later."