Jordyn XXV

"Hey kiddo, what's up?" Mama asks me on the other side of the phone.

"I really don't know how to go about this. So I guess I'll be straight forward. Did I have a twin?" I ask.

The situation with Jaydyn at the Chinese restaurant earlier really shook me up. It was like I was looking in the mirror.

"I think we should talk to you in person. I'll come over now." she says back.

"Bring mom?"

"Of course."

And with that, Mama hangs up the phone. I look to Chelsea, she has a curious look in her gorgeous honey eyes.

"Mama's coming over. Should I call Jaydyn?" I tell her.

"Yeah. I think you should."

I nod and call Jaydyn.

"Hey, you." she answers.

"Hey, so I called my parents. They're coming over soon. Would you want to come over as well?"

"Uh, yeah. Text me your address."

I text her my address while still on the phone to her.

"Oh, that's weird. We live in the same complex. I'm on the floor below you."

My jaw drops. I. Am. So. Shook.

"What the hell?" I gasp.

"I know right? I'll pop up now. Shall I bring my girlfriend?"

"If you really wanna." I say.

"See you in a bit." she says.

She hangs up the phone and I turn to Chelsea.

"She lives in our complex." I tell her.

"Whoah." was all she said.

A few minutes later a knock came from the door. I know it wasn't Mama, she would've just let herself in. I answer the door and see Jaydyn and who I assume is her girlfriend.

"Hey. Come in." I say, stepping aside to let them in. I close the door behind them and watch them as the look around my apartment.

"You can tell you two are related. Look at how clean it is!" Jaydyn's girlfriend says.

"Hey, I'm Chelsea." Chelsea says to Jaydyn's partner.

"Hannah, but call me Fender." she said.

"Cool. How'd you get that nickname?" Chelsea asked.

"Jaydyn gave it to me. I really like guitars and I have so many at my parents' place. And I think it's way cooler than Hannah." Fender made a gagging noise at the name. "And you must be Jordyn?" she turned to me.

"That's me."

"What do you do for work?"

"I am a firefighter."

Fender turns back to Chelsea. "First responders, am I right?" she winks.

Chelsea laughs and nods.

"Are you a first responder, Jaydyn?" I ask, sitting down on my couch. Chelsea sits next to me on my right, Jaydyn and Fender on my left.

"Yeah, I'm a paramedic."

"How have we not seen each other around?" I ask.

"We literally just moved here. Last week actually. Hence why I was getting Chinese food." Jaydyn explained. "I got the job a few days ago, I start on Friday."

I nod. The front door opens and Mom and Mama walk in.

Mama stops at the sight of Jaydyn. Tears start welling in her eyes but she pushes them down. I get up to greet my parents.