Jordyn XXVI

Finding out that I had a twin was gob smacking, and then finding out that she was kidnapped from the hospital was even more gob smacking. Then I found out, she didn't have a great life while with her kidnapper, she was mistreated and neglected. But then I find out that her girlfriend helped her out and moved her away from the abusive home.

It's been a few weeks since I met Jaydyn, and in that time, so much has happened. Jaydyn has changed her last name to Rogerstone-Montgumery, her kidnapper was arrested and sent to jail for life for abusing her and neglect and obviously, kidnapping, Jaydyn met the rest of her sisters and family, Auntie Audrey fell in love with her immediately, Jaydyn is thriving in her job and her apartment downstairs and she even got a look at her room in our parents house.

However, Jaydyn has yet to be introduced to my firefighters. In fact, they don't even know she exists, my head is still trying to process that I have a twin. Billie and Danny told me that the bond would snap into place eventually. I think they mean the twin bond that seems to run in our family. Obviously the triplets have one as well.

The basically means that the twins or triplets are going to be closer with each other than the other siblings. But I have kind of built that bond with Bennie, so adding Jaydyn into the mix will be difficult, but we'll manage.

I'm heading into work right now, and I have a feeling that today's going to be busy. And there's a horrible tug in my stomach that tells me something bad is going to happen.

As I head into my office, I pull out my phone and call Chelsea. She picks after three rings.

"Hey, baby. What's up?" she greets. I smile at her voice.

"I'm feeling quite anxious right now. I just wanted to hear your voice." I say.

"Aw. It'll be okay. I'm sure you'll have a good day and then you'll come home and cuddle me until we fall asleep and dream about how much we love each other." she gushes.

"I'm sure. I gotta go. I love you." I say.

"Okay, see you later. I love you too." she says and blows kisses into the phone. I do the same and hang up.

As if in cue, the alarm goes off, and we all rush out to the engines and whizz to the location.

As far I'm aware, its a big one. Everyone is being called in for it...

We get there and boy, is it big. We're talking massive building, engulfed in flames.

We all hop out and and meet the Chief a few metres away. She's the incident control leader, so I listen to her. She puts me on evac.

I gear up and run inside. I was put on the tenth floor. The highest floor. Whoopie.

I magae to find a few people and get them out safely before heading back in to find more in the ninth floor. Nobody was there, so I went to go back down the stairs, but I notice that the doorway has collapsed and there's no way out. But I don't panic. I'll stay calm and radio down.

"This is Captain RogerMont, I am trapped on the ninth floor, collapsed doorway to the stair case, does anybody copy?" I say into the radio.

I get nothing back but static.

I try again.

"This is Captain RogerMont, I am trapped on the ninth floor, collapsed doorway to the stair case, does anybody copy?" I say, more desperately.

I find a window but it doesn't face the right direction. I can't see anybody who could help me.

I walk around the floor, gently tapping my foot on the floor for any hollow material I could break through. But it's all solid. I can't get through the elevator shaft, the doors will be sealed shut. I can't jump out of a window, that will be a guaranteed death. I'm not ready to die. I can't die. I have a twin sister to get know, I have a family and girlfriend to love. I have job to do. A girl to marry. Kids to have.

Yes! For God's sake, I want to marry Chelsea and have kids with her! I want to get a house with her! I want to be there for her uni graduation. I want to see her get her first job. I want to be in her life and I want her in mine. I am sure of it.

I have to get out of here. It's a need, not a want. I need to live.

I try to clear the doorway, and I am able to get a small space open. That's good enough.

I dive through and I find myself on the stair case. I make my way down. But I stop when I hear a rumble. The grou d beneath me shakes and I take off again.

Third floor.

Second floor.

First floor.

I see the exit. I make a run for it. But I am not fast enough. And suddenly, everything goes black...