Arizona VIII PT. 2

I watch as the house burns furiously. Nothing seems to be working. We've been at it with the hoses for about twenty minutes. I watch as two of my fire fighters bring out a man and a woman, thankfully conscious.

Five minutes later, the other two bring out a woman and a little girl. Both unconscious.

I went over to the parents.

"Are you two okay?"

"We're fine." the man answered.

"I think you should both sit down. I understand that there is still someone in there? What's their name?" I ask.

"Chelsea. She's our daughter. Please, just get her out."

My eyes widened at her name. Jordyn.

I turned around in time to see a figure run into the crumbling house. Oh my god. Is she for real?

"Lieutenant Rogerstone-Montgumery, exit the building immediately." I said into our communications device.

"I repeat, Lieutenant Rogerstone-Montgumery, exit the building immediately."

There was no answer. That means it's very hot in there. She always answers. I can't send anybody else in. It's too dangerous. All I can do it wait.

"Who just went in there?" the mother asked.

"Jordyn." I am assuming that she knows who Jordyn is, and why she stupidly ran into a dangerous building.

"Oh god. Oh god."

But before I could do anything, somebody called out to her.

"Mom! Mom!" she screamed. "Mom! Where's Lucy?"

I rushed over to the woman, who was unconscious just a minute ago.

"Miss. Your daughter is safe. She's over there with the paramedics." I inform her. She looked over and saw her. The girl was just waking up as well. I ordered them to bring the mother and daughter together. They embraced and cried.

"Mommy? Where's Auntie Chelsea?" Lucy asked as I turned back to the house.

"I don't know, baby. Mom! Where's Chelsea?"

"She's still in the house. Jordyn went in to go get her."

"Auntie Jordyn is in there?" Lucy asked. "That's not safe! Is she gonna die?"

I facepalm myself. Jordyn can't say no to a kid. And now she's got a little girl waiting for her to bring Chelsea out and be safe. What if it doesn't happen like that? That child is going to have to deal with two losses instead of one.

Nobody answered Lucy's question and she began to cry. Her mom held her and reassured her.

And if my day was already bad. It got worse. The front of the house collapsed. I need to see if I could here the PASS device.

"Everybody shut up! Turn the hoses and sirens off. Nobody is to make a single noise. Am I understood?" I bellowed and my voice would been audible from the next neighbourhood. Everyone did as they were told and all I could here was the fire crackling. I stepped closer to the house. I couldn't here it. I decided to try communicating with her again.

"Lieutenant Rogerstone-Montgumery, do you copy?" I say.

A few momentes of silence. I grew worried.

"I copy." she said.

"Get the hoses back on that house! Now!" I say to the hosemen.

"What is your location? Over."

"Uh, towards the back of the house, just about to exit through the back door. Over." she sounded out of breath, which means she's taken her oxygen mask off. But she's nearly out so I'm not concerned.

"Copy. Do you have Chelsea? Over." I ask.

She didn't answer this one. Which means her communication device has crapped out. All I could do was wait.

"Captain, there she is!" somebody shouted. I turned around and saw Jordyn and Chelsea making their way to the Aid Car. Chelsea was wearing Jordyn's helmet and was holding her oxygen mask. God dammit, Jordyn.

Jordyn checked Chelsea's airway and seemed happy with it. She hugged her and kissed her head.

I made my way over to them. Jordyn sees me and has a guilty look on her face. But I couldn't care about what she did at the moment, she was alive, that was enough. She let go of Chelsea.

"Zoey, I know-" I threw my own helmet to the ground and hugged her. A few tears slid down my cheeks and I kissed the side of her head.

"We'll sort it out later. I'm just glad you're alive." I said into her shoulder. She finally hugged me back. I heard her stomach growl.

"Have you eaten this evening?" I ask, pulling away from her. She shook her head.

"After this, you go home and you eat. Chelsea. Make sure she eats." she nodded her head. I know I'm bossy, I don't care.

It took two more hours to put the fire out. The house was unsalvageable, so they would have to find a new place to live. We all went back to the station and Jordyn took Chelsea home. Lucy and her mother went to the hospital and I don't know what happened to the parents, but I'm sure they're safe.

All is well, and my sister is alive.