Chelsea XXVII

It's getting dark now and Jordyn is not home. I'm getting worried. I get that she could be on a call but doesn't stop the worry.

I turn on the news to see if there was anything big. My eyes grown in size when I see that there was a massive fire a few ways across the city.

"A business building caught on fire earlier today and collapsed. The cause of the fire was unknown and fire fighters worked very hard to put it out. So far, there have been three confirmed deaths and one hundred and fourteen fatal injuries. There were also four hundred and sixty three minor injuries that have been accounted. We will now hear a statement from the Chief of the Fire Department, Chief Campbell."

"This fire was one that the LAFD has not seen in years. Lives were lost, people were hurt and the building crumbled. We still do not know what caused this fire to start, but what I do know is that it has hurt two of our own. Lieutenant Camilla Vasquez was pulled from the rubble, conscious and I am glad to say that she is in hospital and alive. And Captain Jordyn Rogerstone-Montgumery, who has yet to be found in the ruin. She will be in our thoughts and prayers. And I'd-"

I turn the TV off in horror. Jordyn is still there? Under all of that weight?

This hits me like a wrecking ball and I start to bawl my eyes out. I hear a hurried knock on the door, but I can't get up to answer it. My legs won't work. So I tried to get out a "Come in." but it came out as a "Cowin."

Luckily the person understood and came in. I feel two arms wrap around me and a familiar voice say sweet things to me.

"Jordyn?" I look up and see not-Jordyn looking back at me. "Not Jordyn." I sob.

"It'll be okay. We don't know that she's underneath. She could've gotten out."

"Where would she have gone? I would've hoped that she'd come back here. Or answer my calls or texts. I really don't think she's okay, Jaydyn!" I cry.

She wraps me in her arms again and I continue to cry into her shoulder.

"What if she's dead? That was a ten story building. And god knows where she was when it collapsed. What about your parents? What about me? What am I going to do?" I plead.

"I don't know. I don't know, Chels. But we can do this together."

Just as she said that, someone else can through the door.

"What kind of bullshit is this? Why her?" the voice said.

I look up and see Bennie, a dark haired woman behind her and a few other girls who look like them both.

"Bennie." I whisper. She rushes over and sits next to me in the couch.

"Hey, it'll be okay. My family is here for you as well. We're all here. I think Billie and Danny are on their way. I know Mom and Mama are bring the triplets and the twins, Ruth and Zoey are coming soon as well. Its about to get crowded in here, but we'll make it work." she explains.

"Are they going to bring their kids too? The older four, I mean." an unfamiliar voice asks.

"Yeah, probably. You'll be able to meet all of your nieces, Chels. No all that bad, eh?" Bennie coos, pulling me into her. "We just gotta keep our heads up high, and be strong, for us and Jordyn."

I nod and cuddle into Bennie.

True to her word, Billie and Danny arrived with their wives and kids. Then Tina and Kate showed up with Hayley, Raphie, Apollo, Kathryn and Eliza. As well as Ruth and Zoey, with their families as well.

They're all here for Jordyn and that warms my heart.

We all watched the news together, for any sign of Jordyn. Zoey was always on the phone to someone in the FD, making sure to hear any news on progress.

"Still nothing. It would be quicker if we just went and looked." she huffs. Ruth has continuously calm Zoey down as she got angry a few times. This is a stressful situation.

Some of the little girls who belong to Jordyn's sisters are cuddled up to me and ask me questions about mine and their Aunt's love life.

One thing that I notice is that everyone seems to love Billie's wife, Jamie. They call her Jamie Johnson or JJ even though she told me that she had her last name changed when she married Billie. She doesn't even know why everyone favours her. But she's fun to talk with, and she's around my age so that's nice. Well, she's the same age as Jordyn.

Danny's fiancé, Daniella or, Ella, is Italian and is the sweetest little thing. Danny said that she was married before her and had a kid with her ex. But she cheated on Danny with Daniella, and her ex wife was abusive to both Danny and Ella, so she got a divorce. And then Danny helped Ella to get of the toxic relationship and fell in love. And Ada, Danny's daughter, seems to love Ella anyway. I also found out that Ada is first language German, because her mother, Freida, was German. Then English is her second language and now she is learning Italian for her new Mom, along with Danny. It's all so sweet.

Another thing, Apollo has kids as well. But they're not hers, biologically. She has twin girls with her girlfriend, Evan, who had them from a past relationship. They call her Mama because they love her so much and she loves them.

Bennie's kids are sweet. Her oldest, ChristinaKate, has not left my side for about two hours. I'm amazed she's stayed up this late, she's only eight. Bennie's wife, Harper, is nice as well.

This is a family that want to be a part of.

Which brings me to my next point. I really hope Jordyn makes it out of this. I know it's not likely but I want to marry her. I want to have her kids. And the dream I had about it a few weeks ago only makes me want it more. I love Jordyn, and I want her back in my arms. So bad.