Chelsea XI

I was sleeping peacefully in Jordyn's arms. It was a nice feeling and it was also nice that she wanted to introduce me to her family. Even though they were hyper, they were still cool and loveable. It was like a pack of dogs. There's a sense of playfulness in the air.

The house was rather quiet. Too quiet. I checked the time on my phone and it was seven thirty. I suspect Jordyn's sisters were getting ready for school and I have no idea what her parents do for occupation.

A scream came from the kitchen and Jordyn bolted up. A woman was screaming for help and Jordyn shot to the door. I followed behind to see what the ruckess was about. Kate was crouched on the kitchen counter top and scanning the floor with her eyes frantically.

"There was a spider on the floor! I'm not crazy!" Kate was venting to her wife. She looked like a mad woman.

"I can't see any spider, Kate. Get down from there." Tina cooed.

"Mom, where was it?" Jordyn asked.

"It was in the floor, and then it went under the cabinet." Kate said, pointing to one of the cabinets. Jordyn got down on the floor and looked under it.

"I see it." she simply said.

"Oh my god. Get it before I die of hyperventilation." Kate gasped as she tried to catch her breath. Jordyn bravely reached under the cabinet and tried to get the spider on her hand.

After about a minute or two she slowly brought her hand from under the furniture, to reveal a rather large house spider.

She beamed up at me holding the creature still, "Parasteatoda tepidariorum, also known as the 'Common House Spider.'"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's great. Now, please, get it out." Kate begged, clutching her chest and tears forming in her eyes as they track the arachnid.

"Her." Jordyn corrected.

"Jordyn, you know how your mom is with spiders. Take her out." Tina commanded.

Jordyn complied and took the spider out the front door. I heard her say a cute, "Goodbye, little one. Be free!" as she crouched by the front door and let the spider crawl from her hand.

Tina picked Kate up effortlessly and took her down the hall. She needed to calm down for bit. I understand that.

Jordyn came back in and washed her hands. I just smiled at her.

"What?" she giggled.

"What was the name of the spider?" I teased.

"Parasteatoda tepidariorum." she answered in all seriousness.

"Why do you know that?"

"I have Autism. It was my hyperfocus for like, two years. Raphie is going through hers now." she shrugged off.

I sauntered over to her as she dries her hands. I create a close distance between us and she meets me half way. Her lips meet mine and I melt into her arms.

"Good morning to you too." she said, pulling away.

"Do you know you are so attractive when you show your knowledge? Like, I nearly had an or-"

"I'm going to stop you right there. There are children around." she said, pointing to the triplets that were now watching us.

"Children?" Apollo asked. "Please."

"You are seventeen, yes, children." Jordyn reminded.

Apollo rolled her eyes and sat down on the couch. She is really quite the character when you get to know her.

"Chelsea. Are you gonna meet Milo today?" Raphie asked me like a hopeful kid.

"Sure." I say, which caused Raphie to celebrate.

Hayley came into the kitchen and started make five coffees. I'm assuming for herself, the other two and her parents. I came close to her so that I could whisper, "I saw who called you yesterday."

She looked back at me with an alarmed expression.

"Please don't tell the others. I get teased enough as it is." she begged.

"Whatever you want, your majesty." I smirked. She rolled her eyes at me.

After everybody left for work and school, Jordyn and I were left alone in the house. We were cuddled up on the couch in silence when I decided to gossip.

"You'll never guess who rang Hayley yesterday." I say.

"Who?"

"Melissa."

"I'm so gonna bully her about that." Jordyn smiled.

"Say that you saw it, though. I don't want her to hate me."

"Okay." she chuckled. I feel a familiar pair of lips on my head, I look up to my favourite set of eyes.

"You said you were in a band with your sisters, do you happen to record anything that you guys do?" I ask her.

"Yeah, wait here." she said getting up to go to her room. She came back with an open laptop a few minutes later and sat back down next to me.

"I'm probably going to get into trouble for this. But our band is well-known, worldwide. We planning to go on tour soon and this," she pointed to her screen, "Is a new video we are going to release in the next couple of weeks." she explained. "Not a word about this."

She pressed play and I watched as her and her band dance and sing on the screen and you could see the passion in their eyes as they play.

I regcognized the lead singer as Hayley, who sang with a guitar in her hands, the guitarist as Apollo and the drummer is Raphie. I watch as Apollo strikes the strings for her solo in the midst of the video. Jordyn plays her bass with fire and passion.

At the end of the video, Jordyn disappears and a different woman takes her place. I was confused to say the least but Jordyn was there to clear the air.

"This will be my last video and the tour will also be my last. Milo, Raphie's girlfriend, will take my place at the end of the last song on the set list so I get to say my goodbye to our community. Its tradition. Its what everybody else did. This band started with my Mama's older siblings and its been passed down through our generations. Our kids will take the band someday. " Jordyn said.

"Our kids?"

"Oh no. That's not what I meant. I meant like, the others kids, if you don't want kids that's fi-"

I cut her off with a kiss. It seems to be the only way to shut her up, but I'm not complaining.

"I think we should wait a while until we even talk about kids. I'm only twenty-one, barely legal to drink. You're only twenty-two, and now paying the bills for two people. Okay?" I reassure.

"Okay." she answered and kissed me again.

I'm growing accustom to these kisses, they seem to be my favourite thing to recieve. They're even better than Christmas presents, and that's saying something for sure.