Chelsea XXXIV

To say that Christmas was great, is an understatement.

I got to spend time with Jordyn, her family and meet more of her own. I met her cousins and her grandparents, well her grandma's. They were so sweet.

I also got engaged on Christmas morning. How amazing? We cuddled for the rest of the day and kissing each other. A lot of kisses were given.

Her family were so thrilled for us. They all said they loved weddings, especially a family member's. They said that I was family now, and they'll start calling me their sister. Which I'm all for.

It's now Boxing day. Jordyn and myself are heading to my auntie's place, it's where my mom is so everyone is going there.

They don't know yet that Jordyn is my fiancé.

And Jordyn was pretty insistent that she wears one of her onsies, so she wore a blue dinosaur one and I am wearing my new hoodie that Kate got me. It's very comfortable.

As we drive in the car, Jordyn holds my hand and I look over to her in her adorable onsie. I squeeze her hand three times and she does it back.

We arrive at my auntie's and grab all of the gifts. As soon as we enter the door, I hear Lucy's excitement from the other room.

"Is Auntie Chelsea and Auntie Jordyn coming?" she asks someone excitedly.

"Of course they are!" I answer her without peeping in.

I hear Lucy gasp as she runs towards the front door where we are taking our shoes off.

"Merry Christmas!" me and Jordyn say.

"Merry Christmas!" our niece replies as she tackles my legs in a hug. She then does the same to Jordyn. "You're wearing your pajamas!" she giggles.

"I am! I wanted to be comfy." Jordyn says.

"Mom's on the couch and Mama and Grandma and Great Auntie Mary are in the kitchen drinking this red juice that I can't have." Lucy explains.

"I see." I say as I join my sister on the couch.

"Hey."

"Hey." she repeats.

"Merry Christmas, you little rat." I joke.

"Merry Christmas, you scumbag."

We laugh it off and pull each other in for a hug. I notice that Lucy is literally climbing Jordyn like a tree and it makes me chuckle.

"Mom! Look! Auntie Jordyn is a tree!" she giggles.

Amber laughs too and calls her dog off of Jordyn. Lucy drags her off to somewhere and me and my sister are alone now.

"So, they're drinking wine in the kitchen?" I ask quietly.

"Yup." Amber replied.

Oh dear. We're in for a wild night.

"How was Christmas with Jordyn's family?" Amber questions.

I smile at the thought of my Christmas with Jordyn.

"It was awesome. There were a lot of people there, but it was really good." I grin.

"So, you're gonna leave us, huh?" Amber jokes.

"Yeah, I am." I humour her.

"Wow. I cannot believe that."

We both laugh and return to a thoughtful silence.

"Did you get that hoodie for Christmas?"

"Yeah Jordyn's Mom got it for me. Its so comfy." I say while playing with the string on my hoodie with me left hand.

"What's that?" Amber's asks, eyes focused on my left hand.

"What's 'what'?"

"That." she grabs my hand and inspects my ring. "Is that a..." she looks at me with wide eyes. I nod my head and chuckle as she starts to freak out.

"Oh my god! Oh. My god. Holy shit! Chelsea? What the fuck?" her frantic questioning grabs the attention of the three in the kitchen. Camilla comes rushing in and went straight to Amber with concerned eyes. She kneels down in front of her and takes her hand. I notice that her wrist is in a splint.

She's whipped.

"Amber? What happened mi amor? What's the matter?"

Mom and Auntie Mary stand not far, waiting for an answer.

"I'm engaged." I announce flashing my ring to them all. Mom's jaw hits the floor and Auntie Mary's eyes widen.

Camilla narrowed her eyes at me and asked, "Is she here?"

I nod my head.

"Jordyn! ¿Estás comprometido y no me lo dijiste? ¡Llega aquí, ahora!" Camilla shouts.

Jordyn appears in the door way, looking nervous of Camilla's wrath.

"Surprise!" she nervously laughs.

Camilla marches over to her and rightly embraces her.

"I'm sorry, Jordyn. I didn't mean to be so angry. I'm so happy that my baby is growing up!"

"Camilla, you're six years older than me. Get a grip." Jordyn rolls her eyes.

"Whatever. I am so happy for you. And you." Camilla says, coming over to me to give me a hug.

"I'm still in shock." Amber states as Camilla pulls away from me.

"Honey! That's amazing! Come here." Mom says, pulling me into her when I got up from the couch.

"So when's the wedding?" Auntie Mary asked with a smile.

"We got engaged yesterday morning. We haven't even thought about the wedding yet. We've just been enjoying each other's company." Jordyn answers.

"You must be the fiancé. I am Chelsea's Auntie Mary, you hurt her and I will kill you." she says while gripping Jordyn's hand.

"Auntie Mary!" I exclaim.

The commotion causes Lucy to come back into the living room.

"What's going on?"

"Auntie Chelsea is getting married." Amber says to her.

"Really? To who?"

We all laugh at how innocent the statement was.

"Who'd you think?" Jordyn asks.

"Is it you?"

"Yeah! If it was anybody else, I'd cry. All the time."

"Whoah! So Auntie Chelsea is gonna wear a white dress and look like a princess?"

"Maybe." Amber says.

"Awesome!"

We all laugh at Lucy's excitement.

I get Jordyn and myself a coffee and we all sit in the living room, exchanging gifts and chatting.

Amber is still in denial. Camilla won't shut up about it and Lucy only encourages it.

Mom and Auntie Mary are already planning the wedding. I really think that the wedding should be soon. I don't know how long I can wait to marry my woman.

I can just picture it, Jordyn in a dark blue suit and me in a gorgeous white dress walking down the aisle to a song of our choice with my mom. She'll hand me to Jordyn and then we'll get married. A week after we'll go in our honey moon to somewhere nice like Bora Bora or somewhere tropical.

Then, maybe after a year or two, we'll get pregnant somehow and we'll have a beautiful kid.

I can just see it.