Chelsea XLIII

It's been a month and a bit since we tried.

Good news is, I've missed my period. I'm three weeks late. We had tried a week after my period. And it's now the beginning of June.

So I am on my way to the pharmacy to get me a pregnancy test. I walk in and I see that a few people are staring at me. Which I'm used to now, since Jordyn announced the marriage.

"Hi, excuse me? Are you Chelsea Rogerstone-Montgumery?" a teenage girl asked.

"Yeah, what's up?" I reply.

"Could we get a photo? We really like you and we wanna see more of you and Jordyn on social media." she says, pointing to her friends.

"I mean, sure. But Jordyn and I are very busy as of late, so I can't guarantee anything." I remind her. She nods and calls her friends over to take a photo. After that's done, they finish their business in the pharmacy and leave. I sigh in relief and grab a few pregnancy tests.

I pay and leave without any other interruptions.

Jordyn started working again three weeks ago and so did I. I'm thinking of going full time. I'll talk to Jordyn about it.

Do I do one now? Or wait for Jordyn to get back?

I'll wait.

In the meantime, I practice on my drums and I'm getting pretty good at it. I'm learning quite fast as well.

Jordyn is a great teacher though. I wonder if she got from her parents. They're teachers and Tina specifically teaches music to little kids, aged five to eleven.

Tina is so cool. There's not an instrument she can't play, but if there is one, she'll learn it. Jordyn has that same determination. It's very admirable.

I hope that if there is a little bun in the oven, they'll have that same determination.

I drummed for a few more hours, which I had barely noticed, and see Jordyn coming down the stairs.

"Hey. That's sounding good." she says, wandering over to me and kissing my head. Her hands find themselves on my shoulders as I sit on my stool.

"Thank you. I've been working really hard on it."

"I can tell." she smiles and kisses my lips, but it was kind of weird because she was upside down to me.

"I got some pregnancy tests today. I haven't taken any. I wanted to wait for you." I say to her.

"Should we go do that, then?" she suggests. I nod and go to our master bathroom.

"I'll wait out here. Holler if you need." she tells me and I go and pee on the stick. I do two just in case.

I come out of the bathroom and see her, now in her house clothes, lying on her stomach in the bed, on her phone. She's facing away from me so I sneak up on her and slap her ass.

"Ah!" she screamed but she calmed down when she saw it was me. "Oh, hey, I didn't see you there." she tried to play it off cool but I heard it.

"We gotta wait a few minutes."

"Figured. Come cuddle?" she opens her arms and I climb in.

"I saw some more fans today." I start.

"How did that go?"

"They want us to be more present on social media. They like us very much." I inform her.

"We could try. But I don't know if I can commit to social media as much as my siblings can. I save people, you know?" she tells me.

"Should we make an appearance now?" I suggest.

"Sure."

She pulls out her phone and we pose in the cuddle, it's a very cute photo if you ask me.

Jordyn uploads it and with insight from me, the captions says, Cuddles in waiting ❤️💕.

People like it almost immediately. Crazy buggers.

The time is up and I head back in the bathroom, grab the tests without looking and sit back on the bed with Jordyn.

"Ready?" I look up to her with excitement.

"Let's do this." she says.

I slowly reveal the tests. They're both the same. Identical.

+ and +

We're pregnant.

"Oh my god." Jordyn gasps.

"We're pregnant. We're having a baby. There is a little baby growing in me. Jordyn, babe. I'm pregnant."

I see tears welling in Jordyn's eyes. She starts to cry and hugs me into her.

"We're having a baby." she sobs. Her tears trigger mine and we both sit there, in a crying mess of happy tears.

"Are you okay?" I ask as we calm down a bit. I wipe my tears and look at her.

"I am fanfuckingntastic. You're pregnant! There's a baby in you." she says, pointing to my belly.

"I'm so happy."

"I'm happy, too. You're having our baby."

"Now can we start thinking about names?" I joke and Jordyn laughs as she wipes her tears.

I lie down on the bed and run my hands around my stomach. Jordyn rests her chin in between my legs and she starts talking to my stomach.

"Hey there. So you're in there, huh? You're real. Our baby. I'm gonna love you so fricking much. I already do. And your Mom does as well."

She sits up and leans over to kiss me.

"You are pregnant. With my baby. Our baby." she says softly on my lips. She lays beside me and I hold her hand.

"Who are we going to tell first?"

"I think our parents."

"Yeah. And then?"

"Siblings. Other family and friends.  Then the public. They should hear it from us but they're my last priority." she explains.

"Sounds good." I say.

"Hey, you know what? I'm glad I get to do this with you. And I'm so happy that we're this far, even if we only started dating in June, last year. But it feels longer than that. I feel like I've known you my whole life. And it's crazy to think that before June, the only words I spoke to you were my coffee orders. I wish I would've  gotten to know you sooner. If this, feeling, was what I was missing out on. I love you, and I'm grateful for you, too." she expresses.

"I'll be honest. I was crushing on you from the first time I saw you. You came through that door and I swear I dribbled on the floor and Alley had to clean it up." I laugh.

"I thought you were very beautiful. You still are. You were the only person who wasn't in my family who I found beautiful and I dismissed it for so long."

"You're beautiful, too. I'm so happy that you're my baby-mama."

"I am too." she smiles.

"Speaking of the coffee shop. I was thinking about doing full time. How would that sound?"

"As long as I get to cuddle you at night." she tells me.

"As long as you get to cuddle me all night? Really?"

"Oh, and don't work yourself too hard. It won't be good for you. Or the baby."

"Thanks for look out for us." I say as I rub my stomach again.

There's a baby in there. And they're mine and Jordyn's. Our love is being made into a tiny human being. Which I have the pleasure to carry.