Chapter 25 - I've Got You

(Songs for this chapter,
Better - KHALID
Eyes - ROGUE WAVE
Slow Burn - KACEY MUSGRAVES)

REAPER POV

He loves me.

Reds was right, he just says it in a different way. Every time he holds me, when we are alone or I need him he says 'I've got you'. That's his way of saying I love you. He's always been saying it I just didn't notice. When he put my shoulder back in, when he stopped me from dissociating, when I have nightmares or when I get injured.

I can't believe I didn't see it sooner.

My smile goes from ear to ear, he loves me. I grab his face, putting my hands just under his jaw, my thumbs softly on his cheeks.

Pressing my forehead to his, "I know." I whisper to him, the words come from deep my heart. He smile back at me moving his head in to kiss me, my body was only shaking a little but it's increased again with my realization of his feelings.

"I don't think I can walk yet." I say once he breaks the kiss, moving my hand down to his heart. He then puts his hand over the top of it

"We can stay like this as long as you need." He says it so gently.

I wrap my arms around his waist and move my body in under his head. He rests his chin on top of my head, one of his hands playing with my hair.

"I'm sorry I left you alone, I was excited to see the boys and I wasn't thinking. No matter what I am yours, always."

"Shh forget about it." He whispers, kissing the top of my head.

"I told MacGyver and Sam about you, us." I tell him. "Is that okay?"

"You can tell who ever you want." He says it so determinedly. "My whole team knows anyway. Apparently i'm not as subtle as i thought i was." He states it with annoyance in his voice.

"You thought you were subtle to being with." I giggle, leaning up and giving him a kiss under his chin. He leans down and puts kisses all over my neck, his stubble tickling me. My punishment for laughing at him, I try to move but i don't get very far.

Simon is walking me through the building, slowly. My legs are still unstable. It must look like i'm drunk. So far we've only passed one or two people and they didn't notice. Simon just held me a little tighter as they walked past. I haven't stopped smiling, he loves me. My mind keeps repeating it every few minutes.

His hands are tightly on me, one around my waist the other holding my hand, he doesn't mind who sees us. Although i might be a little embarrassed, what would i say? Oh i'm fine Simon just fucked the capacity to walk out of me... I'd sooner die.

"I'm third on the left with Megs." I tell him realizing he hasn't been in my room or knows who i'm with.

"Soap and I are the next door along." he answers telling me his room as well.

"Oh Simon," i say forgetting i haven't told him and getting excited. He leans down closer to me.
"Megs likes Soap and i think he likes her, I'm going to help them." I'm very excited about my latest mission.

"You should leave them be it will happen if it's suppose to happen." Not the answer i was hoping for.

"If you can honestly tell me Soap hasn't helped you, nudged you in the right direction with me at all, then i will." I know Soap has so he can try and lie but i will call him out on it.

He sighs. "Okay fine, a little help. But that's it."

"Just a little push here and there i wont meddle too much." Yes! he caved.