Chapter 63 - Suprise

(Songs for this chapter -
Cecilia and the Satellite - ANDREW MCMAHON IN THE WILDERNESS
Keep You Dry - JUKE ROSS
Resolution - MATT CORBY)

GHOST POV

"Would you cut it out it's fine." I say angrily at MacGyver, he keeps trying to put staples in my face but inside the moving heli it's a little difficult.

"It just needs a few more to hold it until Sam can stitch it properly." He says as we land back at the Zeta base. I split the right side of my forehead open and I popped the last set of staples out. Everyone has seen my face so I'm not worried about it, except for Bolt actually which would explain why he's looking at me like that.

"We're here now so she can stitch it." I snap back as I get off the heli.

"And if you were going to let her look at it straight away I wouldn't bother but I know you want to go sit with her first." He says hitting me with the last staple. I mean he's right I don't care about me I just want to go and see her again.
"Got it, you're free now." He and Johnny chuckle, I roll my eyes as we walk around the back of the heli.
Johnny abruptly stops walking making me run into the back of him, "Soap what the fu..."

She's standing by the elevator doors, crutches under her arms, Sam by her side.

"EL!" I shout it so stunned and thrilled that it doesn't even sound like my voice.

I sprint across the roof to her, she takes a few awkward shuffles forward on her crutches. The biggest most beautiful smile on her face, my god I missed that smile so much.

I grab her head gently but so impatiently, leaning down to kiss her, her soft adorable lips kissing me back just as hard. She makes all the waiting and anguish more than worth it.

"Hi Simon." She whispers up at me once I finally let go.
"Hey beautiful." I smile back down to her.

"She's still a little groggy, she only woke up a few hours ago, but she wanted to come up and surprise you." Sam says happily from behind her. The rest of the guys coming up behind me.

"It was silly I feel so embarrassed to say I didn't pick up on it sooner. Her mind still thought she was fighting for her life, using all its resources trying to combat a situation she was no longer in. I didn't think about how strong her survival instincts are. I gave her some serotonin inhibitors and increased her dopamine levels and she was awake few hours later."

Johnny leans in smiling to hug her.
"Hey Johnny, you okay?" She asks quietly over his shoulder.

"I am now." She kisses his cheek in response.

"Where the hell is Reds?" MacGyver asks from next to Sam.

"I haven't seen him this morning. We really could of used his help to get up here." She answers kind of annoyed.

"Come on let's get inside I'm hungry." Hawks says as he gives El a kiss on the cheek. "Glad you're awake Little One."

"Ghost." Sam starts but I'm already on it. El hands her crutches to MacGyver.
"Gently the right side is the bad one, make sure you support her hip joint.

"Yes ma'am." I say back as El smiles hiding her giggle. She wraps her arm around my neck and I put one arm under her holding her hip and the other holding her legs, keeping her right one raised and steady. She has a smaller cast on it now so it's easy to do.