⁰⁰² Game?

Chapter 2

AS NIGHT TIME APPROACHED KOCIHI STARTED TO BECOME WORRIED. He had tried to use his phone but it was completelydead which didn't make sense as he charged it just a few hours ago. Not even the cars were working so he had to just walk to see if he could find someone. After a while of wandering around aimlessly he hadn't been able to find anyone.

Koichi didn't know what else to do so he headed home but to his surprise his mom wasn't there either. No matter how many times he called her a rat, the woman didn't not make any sign of showing up. So as a last resort, Koichi started roaming the streets of Tokyo again with no destination in mind.

A few questions littered his heads like what the hell happened to everyone, was he dead or maybe everyone was throwing him a party. The last one wasn't exactly his proudest thought but it could be possible.

The brunette noticed there weren't many animals around either which was strange but half the time you didn't even notice them and that's when Tokyo wasn't
Deserted.

Koichi was now aware the sun had completely gone down now but Tokyo remained dark. None of the lights turned on so now he stood alone in the middle of the street with a stupid look on his face.

"Maybe...maybe I am dead." He concluded until a bright white screen popped up and the words 'Game this way' shoes up.

"Game this way?" Reading out the words before raising an eyebrow. "What the fuck does that mean?"

Not having anything else to do, the boy shoved his hands in his pockets and started following the way the screens told him to go. Soon enough Koichi spotted a building that was lit up and he saw people there.

He sighed in relief knowing there were other dead people and made his way over to the gathering of the dead. Walking up the steps, he looked at everyone and noticed they were all quiet and silently staring at him until they all looked away.

Not as exciting as he hopped but a table in the centre of the room caught his attention. Walking like a model, Koichi strutted up to it and read the sign.

'1 per person' is all it said and the table was littered with phones. Shrugging slightly, he picked a random but nice looking one and the screen lit up.

FACE RECOGNITION IN PROGRESS PLEASE WAIT FOR A MOMENT

A loading screen came up then dinged and showed a home Screen like thing with an ID number and a few apps. A woman seemed to be reading out instructions as well. It also had a timer that was counting down from two minutes.

Please wait until the game commences

There are currently nine participants. Two minutes until registration closes.

"Hm. Interesting." Mumbling to himself and went over and stood next to a random lady who was shaking.

Well at least he found people.

He leaned on the wall and put the phone in his pocket before looking around and taking into account who was with him right now. There was a pair of girls who were whispering to each other, a man with a singlet on, another man who wore a hat, a lady with orange hair that held onto her purse tightly and a few others who weren't really that interesting.

A few more people walked in and took the remaining phones while Koichi just sang the Mary had a little lamb song in his head to pass time. He wasn't aware of a certain pair of eyes watching him from afar as they analysed his every move.

Their phones dinged and they all took them out and stared at the screen.

Registration is now closed. 

There are a total of 11 participants. The game will now commence.

'Sounds a bit ominous.' Koichi said in his head and pushed his hood off. The cold air made the hairs on his neck stand up but he paid no mind, focused on what the heck was about to happen. 

The group stayed silent as the announcer made more freaking announcements.

Difficulty, Three of Spades

Koichi tilted his head at the lady's words. Three of Spades? Like the things on a deck of cards? What does that even mean?

The brunette had questions but his pride prevented him from asking anyone as it was silent and he didn't want the attention on him so he just kept to himself.

Game is "Monkey Bars" 

Rule.

Collect items from checkpoints by swinging across the bars.

Clear Condition.

Collect the item corresponding to your number and fill in the numbers on the sheet into the device on your base within  the time limit. You clear the game when this objective is fulfilled.

Time limit, 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes, the bars attached to the walls will drop.

All Koichi thought at that moment was 'What. In. The. Actual. Fuck.'. All the instructions did was make him more confused and he wasn't sure whether he should be worried or not.

People in the room started murmuring after the women finished, Koichi pocketed the phone as a hallway lit up brightly. Everyone turned to it and a small screen on the roof lit up with the words 'This way.'

So that's where they all started to go.

The brunette looked around the room and watched the closest person who was a teenage girl start to walk forward and another followed. Soon they were all walking down in a single file with Koichi being second last.

The person in front of Koichi was a bit shorter than him although he couldn't tell if it was a girl or boy due to the hood covering their head. They wore a white hoodie and had regular black pants and black shoes.

Koichi thought they looked similar but honestly the dude had seen probably a million people in his life, and lot of people wear white hoodies.

Eventually the group made it to a large room as they all looked up and saw a range of bars that went in all sorts of directions. There were gaps between lines of bars and at each line was a platform that had a pole with a device and colour.

On the bars at random points were white sheets which made Koichi confused. Weren't they supposed to be coloured? Why were they white and how would anyone be able to tell which one was theirs.

In silent discussion, everyone seemed to disperse to a platform as tall ladders were set meaning they would have to climb up to get to the platforms. Koichi made his way behind a random one grabbing the bars and began climbing.

It's not like he could leave, right?

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦