⁰¹³ Trouble

Chapter 13

AFTER EVERYONE RETURNED BACK TO THE BEACH, THE PARTY CONTINUED AS THEY CELEBRATED ANOTHER NIGHT OF GAMES.
Arisu was looking around for Usagi but couldn't spot her yet. He tried to see if she was with the other people in the pool but he had no luck until he saw her through a group of people also looking around.

Quickly walking towards her and Usagi doing the same, they stopped and stared at each other. Usagi smiled, "You made it." She spoke and Arisu nodded with a small smile.

With the pair standing just staring at each other, they were quickly spotted by Kuina who sat by herself sucking on the unlit cigarette.

Usagi and Airus walked over and sat down on some unclaimed beach chairs as Arisu explained what happened during his game. "They were... testing me." He told her.

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do, right?" Usagi spoke gently and the two sat there peacefully until Kuina walked next to them and sat down next to Arisu before looking between the two.

"Is she your girlfriend?"

Usagi looked surprised and quickly shook her head. "What? No, I'm not." Denying it quickly but Kuina didn't seem convinced.

"If you two like each other, why not hook up? You guys could die tomorrow."

"What's it to you?" Arisu pointed out and Kuina replied right back, "You should live while you're still alive."

"Is that the excuse everyone's giving out now?" Koichi spoke right behind Usagi who quickly turned to his voice. "I think it's a bit unhygienic to hook up with strangers."

Kuina pouted as Koichi stared at Arisu and Usagi before holding his hand out and smiling.

"Koichi. You guys are?" Arisu hesitantly shook his hand watching Koichi sitting down next to Usagi who zipped her jumper up a bit more.

"Arisu." The ravenette responded and Usagi gave him a small reply. "Usagi."

"Ah, Koichi, why do you have to interrupt me?" Kuina said and the brunette just held his hands up in apology and mumbled a small apology.

Kuina continued with what she was saying before.

"My mother is stuck in the hospital. She can't even go to the toilet by herself. And I wound up here." Looking off into the distance, "That's why I need to survive and go home."

She then held up a cigarette, "And that's the reason I quit smoking. Back in the day, I couldn't stop smoking. But to survive the game, you need to stay healthy. I need to survive this world and get back to my old one." She finished as Koichi clapped with a warm smile like he was a proud mother.

"I believe in you, Kuina. Nothing worse than dying in this world because of your lungs and not the games." Kuina kicked the brunettes' shin with a glare who laughed. It was comfortable until a voice yelled to turn off the music.

"Oh, great. Look who's here." Koichi pointed out as a group slowly walked around the pool, the militants more specifically and leading the group was Niragi and Aguni.

The crowd slowly moved back and whispered to each other, watching the group pass everyone.

"They're the militant corps at the Beach." Kuina told Arisu and Usagi. "If you want to live in peace here, then do not mess with them." She warned.