⁰¹⁰ Gift

Chapter 10

KOICHI SAT ON THE FLOOR AND GENTLY APPLIED PRESSURE TO HIS WOUND. He winced at the pain as his eyes glossed over but tried to wipe them away and breathed slowly.

Him and Chishiya were still in the apartment complex as Chishiya stood by the window. The lights turned off and the dead body remained on the floor much to Koichi's disgust. The pair stayed longer for whatever reason and just as Koichi was gonna pester Chishiya, the blonde walked over to the women and crouched down, slightly patting her clothes as if he was looking for something.

Koichi watched with an amused look. "What is with you and looking through dead people's stuff." He commented.

Chihisya ignored him and pulled a piece of folded paper out of a pocket and unfolded it only to find a bunch of squiggly lines.

Koichi stared at him before pushing himself off the floor and walking over, looking over his shoulder at the paper.

"Lines? Why would she have something like that on her?"

Chishiya just stared at it intently as if he was trying to figure it out before pocketing it. "It must be important if she had it. Maybe we can use it." Standing up and going to the door.

Koichi rolled his eyes and limped after him as the two made their way out of the apartment. Yet when the boys got to where the car should've been, it was not there as they now realised they'd probably been ditched.

Looking down at his leg, Koichi sighed as he trudged forward and Chishiya stayed closely behind.

"Guess they didn't want to wait for us."

"That's Aguni for you." Chishya smiled with a scoff and the pair stayed in a comfortable silence as they ventured along back to the Beach.

Koichi complaining the whole time of course.

By the time they got back, everyone was still outside and partying loudly and Koichi headed straight to where Ann was so he could get the bullet out of his leg but before he could, he would have to wait until the executive meeting was over.

The pain didn't decrease so if he sat down hopefully it wouldn't be as bad. Koichi headed to his room to change and also grabbed the first aid kid so he could get rid of his sweatpants and temporarily use a bandage until he could get Ann to remove it.

Slightly touching it, he gritted his teeth pissed off that he got shot by the stupid horse head. The door opened and Koichi looked up to find Ann with a bag and Chishiya right behind her.

The woman walked over to Koichi and sat down before taking her glasses off and giving the brunette a look.

He raised his arms in defence, "Hey, I didn't get asked to get shot."

"But you still did anyway." She retorted, placing her glasses in her hair then grabbing a few things then started unwrapping the wound.

Chishiya leaned against the wall and watched. Ann started fiddling with the wound and after a few minutes, she lifted the tweezers with the bullet in between them.

Koichi let out a breath and fell onto the bed dramatically whilst hugging his pillow. "I think I nearly just died from that." Ann rolled her eyes and cleaned up then gently stitching it and wrapping his wound back up.

"Don't touch it. Keep it clean then re-wrap it every so often otherwise it'll get infected." She said and stood up while Koichi mumbled small curses under his breath.

"Got that?" She asked again and Koichi hummed a yes as she shook her head and left the room.

Leaving Koichi and Chishiya alone.

"You alright?" Chishiya broke the silence and Koichi just turned his head and gave him a shitty smile.

"Of course I am! Nothing better than getting shot and having to sit in bed until I can eventually walk again." His tone was sarcastic, Chishiya easily recognising it and giving the brunette a smirk.

"At least you didn't die."

"By this point I might as well already be dead." Shoving the pillow on his face then letting his arms fall weakly. The blonde chuckled and pushed off the wall and walked over to the whiny male before placing a bag on the bedside table.

Koichi lifted the pillow slightly and looked at the bag with a curious gaze then up at Chishiya who wasn't facing him.

"Open it when you want. I'll see you later." Those were his last words before walking out of the room and quietly shutting the door.

Koichi's eyes drew to the bag and he curiously picked it up and examined it. It was a plain blue with white handles and he sat up straighter and used his fingers to pry it open but it was empty.

Except the piece of paper that sat there folded up.

Koichi kicked his lips and lifted it out and flipped it over. "A piece of paper?" He spoke confusedly.

It seemed to have multiple pieces of paper inside as he opened it and a few fell out but before he could take closer looks at them, his door opened once more. Kuina walked in, Koichi subtly looking her up and down as she smiled and walked over.

"I heard you got shot." She started and sat down, looking at his injured leg as Koichi shrugged. "Are you alright?"

"It wasn't too bad," Sighing quietly, "Just got my keg. Bloody old women shot me as she fired her gun like her eyes were closed. I'm lucky she didn't hit something serious though." Closing his eyes and leaning back on the bed frame.

Kuina giggled and sucked in the stick before she started speaking. "Is it alright if I asked you something? You don't have to answer if you don't want to." Looking directly at Koichi made the brunette forget about the paper and open his eyes as he stared at the girl with interest.

Shrugging, curious to what the girl wanted replied, "Sure, what is it?"

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦