⁰⁰⁸ A New Game

Chapter 8

AN ALARM BEGAN RINGING THROUGH THE BEACH AND KOICHI LOOKED AROUND WITH CONFUSION. Everyone started yelling louder as the crowd moved towards the building with excitement. The brunette stood up from his chair and looked at Chishiya.

"I'm guessing that's the sound of 'Yay, lets go and run to our deaths.'" Making his voice higher pitched at the end and Chishiya showed a small smile and went forward.

"Come on."

Koichi put his hands on the back of his head and sighed loudly. "I wonder if my mom is worried for me. Honestly knowing her she's running around with joy at the fact her son's missing cause now she can clean the house properly." He groaned at the thought of her rummaging through his room. 

The two walked inside and Koichi followed Chishiya who walked over to one of the sides and crossed his arms. Koichi went next to him and stared at the scene in front of him.

The crowd cheered and Koichi followed everyone's heads to see the Hatter walking up on the balcony looking like a leader of a cult. Behind him was the few executives

"Hatter! Hatter! Hatter! Hatter!" Everyone yelled in sync as the man leaned against the railing and stared at all the citizens of the Beach.

He raised his hands in an action like way to get everyone to quiet down as he started speaking. "Comrades! Tonight brings us a new challenge. And my soldiers never back down from one. This challenge is war against your own fear."

Koichi listened to the Hatter speak, he sounded quite like a king who spoke to his kingdom. Braving them up for the nightmares that will come upon everyone very shortly.

"Individually, each of you has the courage within to play. To battle and to win. And when you stand United as one, nothing can stand in your way." He took a breath before continuing, "Together, we will get the cards we need to return to our old world. I know that you will get there!" He yelled at the end and the crowd cheered once more.

"Let's do it!" Hatter cried and walked away and Koichi watched as everyone started running out, forming their groups while he stood leaning against the pole opposite to Chishiya.

They had somehow obtained little pieces of paper in their hands with a number that corresponded to the car they would ride in. "Hey." Koichi called and went over to Chishiya with a curious face.

"What'd you get?" Peering over his shoulder and seeing they had the same number and gave the blonde a smile.

Chishiya stayed silent as the pair went over to their group and followed them to the car that would take them to their game.

Koichi felt like he'd already gotten used to this, it's not like he had anything else to do so might as well be in this Beach thing while he's here. He also quickly changed into better clothes to go outside so instead of the shorts and shirt he wore a random pair of sweats and a white hoodie.

"Oh look, we're matching." Koichi cheekily gestured to both him and Chishiya who had an unamused stare.

Koichi stood by the door and waved his hand to the door to Chishiya hinting he should get in first.  The blonde reluctantly squeezed himself in followed by Koichi who slammed the door and instantly the car revved forward.