⁰¹⁶ Shit, Hatters Dead

Chapter 16

KOICHI SAW THE OUTCOME OF HATTER LEAVING GOING IN TWO WAYS. One, he survives happily and returns to the Beach with a smile and continues running his paradise with no issues. Or two, Hatter is killed and doesn't survive the game and Beach ends up getting corrupted by all the players inside after hearing the news of Hatter's death.

He wasn't exactly hoping for option number two yet the sight in front of him proved otherwise. The other executives stood in the meeting room surrounding the table in the centre. Koichi had his arms crossed and was biting his lip while he observed the body lying on the table, dead.

A few minutes ago, Koichi was heading up to the meeting room in hopes of finding Chishiya but what he found instead made him drop his glass filled with water in a little bit of shock. A few executives and Tatta were carrying someone just about to go into the room when they heard the glass shattering and saw Koichi's eyes boring into the person they were not so discreetly hauling inside.

Hatter's dead body.

"Oh shit." He whispered and slowly started turning around to run down the hall pretending he didn't see anything. Until Aguni yanked his shirt and chucked him in the meeting room as well.

"Oh, Come on! I'll pretend I didn't see anything." Koichi tried to convince with a whine but Aguni sent him a glare making him groan.

Looking at the dead body that was gently placed on the table, Koichi hated how he was right. Something of course was going to happen to Hatter when he left the Beach last night. What's his luck he gets dragged into the mess because he wanted to find Chishiya.

Tatta had run off by Mira's orders to get the other executives and told them something happened and it was important and bad. They most likely didn't want to start discussing until all of them were here.

He wasn't an executive, why the heck did he need to be here. To be fair, anyone who does see this wouldn't exactly want to keep it to themselves so he thought they thought he would go shout Hatter was dead.

Koichi crossed his arms and stared at the wound on Hatter's chest, a bullet wound. Depending if the game had guns involved, it was odd how precisely it was positioned where it killed him instantly.

Right on the heart.

The door behind the group opened and Koichi turned his head to find Chishiya and Arisu walking in. The pair walked up slowly and Chishiya stood on the right of Koichi while Arisu was on his left as they took in Hatter's body in front of them.

It was silent between them until the door opened again and in came Tatta forward by a frantic Ann. She seemed awestruck at the sight as Tatta started explaining what had happened.

"Apparently, he couldn't clear the game. The maintenance team just happened to find him in Shinjuku while we were filling up with gas." He told her, the rest of the group listening thoroughly.

'Couldn't clear the game? If he was killed he would've been killed on the game grounds not near a gas station.'

No doubt he was speaking honestly, Koichi wasn't suspicious of that, he was unsure about finding Hatter just randomly out in the street. With the tension already undergoing within the Beach, it was clear either something happened to Hatter outside the game and someone could've killed him themselves to destroy the small bit of peace the Beach had. If not then it might of just been a big coincidence.