⁰⁰³ Monkey Bars

Chapter 3

THE ROOM WAS SILENT UNTIL A BEEP ECHOED THROUGHOUT THE ROOM. Koichi stood on the platform, still having zero fucking clue to what was happening, and listened to what the announcer was saying.

The game will commence in two minutes.

A large screen came up on the blank wall and showed a clock with thirty minutes set. Koichi quickly zipped up his pants pockets with the phone inside so he wouldn't lose it as everyone was getting ready.

He quickly observed more people and noticed the one with the white hoodie was directly across from him, and Koichi now knew that it was a boy.

Blonde hair framing his face, a stoic expression with a calm like aura as he stood still with his hands in his pockets. Koichi furrowed his brow when he got a good look at the boy.

"Same one from the street." He quietly mumbled to himself when he remembered where he'd seen him. Quite interesting as well, they were both here after seeing each other when the world was normal.

'Quite pretty. Maybe he died as well.'

The game will now commence.

The time limit is 30 minutes.

Commence now.

The clock on the wall suddenly started counting down and Koichi saw a few people instantly grabbing the bars and swinging themselves forward. He took notice of a few others who stood there with a frightened expression, not moving at all like Koichi was.

He wasn't sure what to do but the people who were moving seemed confident and like they knew what they were doing so he followed behind them. Grabbing the bar, he used his kindergarten skills and started swinging across the bars, now seeing the deep Abyss below his feet.

"Holy shit." He spoke and quickly turned and after a few moments, he found a sheet hanging and grabbed it with one hand.

Hanging there using his arm strength and looking at it thoroughly, Koichi concluded that there was a small colour dot in the middle and a four digit number code right below it.

The sheets must have been like this so it was harder for them to grab their one. It was a bit annoying but hopefully Koichi could find his one quickly in case someone else accidentally dropped his.

He forgot to mention the colour he got was red and the colour in his hand was yellow so no can do. Pinning it back to the bar, because he wasn't that evil by just dropping it, Koichi continued to swing by and look for the one he needed making sure to not panic otherwise he might fall.

"P-please! I can't hang on much longer!" A feminine voice cried and the brunette looked over only to just see a girl with tears down her face and her fingers barely hanging on.

Koichi winced and watched her let go and scream as she fell down the dark hole, her cry soon echoing and disappearing. His eyes wide and pursed lips, Koichi made his way over to another white sheet and saw it was purple.

"Dammit." Mumbling under his breath, pining it back and going to look for another one.

After ten minutes and a few people falling down to their deaths? Koichi grabbed his fifth sheet and looked at the colour. A smile formed once he saw it was red and out the sheet in his mouth and started making his way back over to the platform.

By the time he got back over to his platform, the timer was down to ten minutes. Koichi groaned once he stood on the metal floor and stretched his arms as they started hurting from hanging there for so long. Not wasting anymore time, the brunette pulled the sheet from his mouth and looked at the four digit code.

2524

"Simple code but alright."

Koichi looked at the device and clicked the numbers in correctly and the screen then showed a 'correct'. His phone dinged and he pulled it out of his pockets and stared at the screen.

Game cleared. Congratulations.

7 minutes remaining.

The man sighed and looked around the room wondering if anyone else had finished and a few people stood on their platforms staring at the other players who were still in the game. Koichi frowned when he noticed that the amount of white sheets that hung from the bars had lessened but there were still more than three people hanging.

A woman who was furiously sweating, her hair down and clung to her face and her shaking arms was looking around frantically that Koichi almost felt a little pity for her.

"W-where? My sheet. It's not here! Someone took my sheet." She screamed with a red face and Koichi saw a few dudes chuckling at her cries and crossing their arms as if the situation was amusing.

The woman's hands slipped a bit and she stopped and looked up only to realise she couldn't hold on any longer and then looked down. Tears had started to fall down her face and with a wince from Koichi, they all watched her let go and scream endlessly and fall waving her arms.

Koichi blew out some air and awkwardly looked at his hands as he leaned against the pole. The men from before silently stood there until one of them looked at Koichi who was picking his nails looking like the game was a piece of cake.

I mean it probably wasn't that hard considering how buff the man was and it didn't take much to swing from bars. The one with the singlet licked his lips and crossed his arms as he stared at the unaware brunette.

A few platforms away, a boy with blonde hair looked at the man with the singlet then followed his eyes to where Koichi was who now sat on the platform with his legs dangling. He raised his eyebrows at the position he was in, seeing how unbothered the man was although this game wasn't very hard anyway.

He wondered how long he was here if he wasn't as panicky as some of the other new players that always died on their first game. The blonde wasn't always interested in anyone and definitely not one to approach people but the brunette across from him seemed just a little interesting.

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦