⁰¹² Carnival

Chapter 12

KOICHI SAT WITH A BUNCH OF RANDOM GUYS AND INTENSELY STARED AT THE CARDS IN HIS HAND. Him and a few other guys had hand made a deck of playing cards to pass time and currently we're getting quite competitive.

They were currently playing Daifugo, a card game where basically you have to get rid of the cards in your hands as quickly as possible. You have ranks and such and whoever gets rid of their cards first becomes the Daifugo or the billionaire.

Right now Koichi sat as he licked his lips and held only a few cards in his hand. The other guys waited in anticipation until Koichi placed all of them down with a smirk.

"Dammit!" A random one yelled as Koichi laughed loudly and picked his drink up again. Since he finished first he could sit back as he looked around the pool.

A few girls were running around with water guns and spraying people and Koichi sipped his drink until someone caught his eye. A guy in a blue shirt who looked quite out of place.

"Isn't that the guy from that Tag game?" He asked himself and leaned his elbows on his knees. Koichi noticed a girl walking next to him putting on an orange jumper.

"Hmm?" Humming noticing she was also from their tag game. Sitting back in the chair, Koichi sipped his drink and watched the two stand there as if they were extremely uncomfortable. He wasn't surprised that those two had probably paired up after their game, they were quite good together if you considered their chemistry.

After a few hours had passed nighttime eventually took over and the majority of the Beach were inside and getting off and drinking. Arisu and Usagi stood still as they watched everyone get pissed and dance with one another.

"This is messed up." Usagi spoke not liking the environment they were in. "Do you believe what we're seeing?"

The pair heard an alarm-like noise blast throughout the area as everyone cheered and headed out, Usagi and Arisu following them hesitantly. The crowd gathered in the large open space in the large hotel building as they were given papers and stood in the middle. Everyone was screaming Hatter in sync as if this was some sort of massive party and it was all exciting.

Koichi stood on the side with his arms crossed and next to Chishiya who leaned against the wall. His eyes were drawn to two people but he couldn't see them very well and looked up when Hatter came into their view. When he started speaking, Koichi wasn't really paying attention, already knowing his speech.

Soon the crowd started heading out to the cars but Chishiya remained still, his eyes focused on Usagi and Arisu. Kuina walked in between the two boys and asked Chishiya what was wrong.

"We were together in the last game." He pointed out.

"Who? Those two?" Kuina followed his eyes and saw the pair as well.

"Yeah."

"Maybe we can use them. They could fit into the plan." Chishiya told her and Koichi bit his fingernail slightly as the three stared at the unaware pair.

Koichi forgot to mention it but Chishiya had eventually told him what he was planning; To steal the cards from the Beach. The brunette thought it was quite simple and a little dangerous but he didn't want to underestimate Chishiya so he just agreed. Although using someone else to get what he wanted wasn't exactly sitting right with Koichi.

It was a bit of a betrayal to use him so Chishiya could get closer to the executives but Koichi couldn't find it in himself to say anything.

And he didn't know why.

Koichi decided he would go into a game today and what were the odds he gets into the same group as fucking Niragi. The dude who would just stare at him with a scowl and Koichi did not want to know what was running through his head.

The car drove to the game area as it appeared to be a fair of some sort and Koichi got out of the car to stare up at the sign.

Niragi and the other guys including the last boss, Aguni and other militant members were with them as well. Koichi walked inside and Niragi suddenly stood next to him and held something in his hand.

Koichi looked at it and scoffed, snatching the gun out of his hand before walking ahead, already sick of seeing his face.

The game was called "Jungle Beast Hunter" and they had to work together to defeat the jungle beasts. That includes tigers, panthers, wild boars and eagles. They had to get a certain amount of points to win and certain animals got you a certain amount of points.

Carnival music started playing and the brunette saw a lot of people screaming and running around wit animals chasing them. Quite a disadvantage if you didn't have any weapon to defend yourself.

Holding the gun up, he squinted a bit and shot an eagle that flew over him getting 30 points.

Spotting a girl who was kneeling down with her hands over her head, Koichi bIt his lip as he saw a boar right behind her. In a split decision, he ran over just as the boar charged and pushed her out of the way.

Turning around, Koichi shot the gun at the boar relentlessly as it squealed and ran away before he could kill it. He sighed and looked down to see the girl with tears down her face as she stood up and bowed.

"Thank you so much!"

Koichi waved his hands as she ran away and he looked up only to find Niragi on the big boat that swung back and forth laughing. "What a fucking psycho." He grumbled and reloaded the gun to go get more points.

The faster they could finish this, the faster Koichi could go get something to eat.

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦