⁰¹⁹ Fire of Judgment

THE FIRE BURNED BRIGHTLY, ILLUMINATING THE WHOLE AREA AND VISIBLE TO EVERYONE INSIDE. No one said anything while a random guy ran over to the window to stare at the massive bomb fire in shock, quickly running back yelling there was a fire.

As if it wasn't already obvious.

It was clear the majority were confused until Ann spoke up. "We have to figure out who murdered Momoka and burn them in the Fire of Judgment."

Niragi walked forward and cockily spoke, "A witch game? This ought to be good."

Koichi looked at the screen in his hand, seeing the game had started. "All right. let's go witch hunting!" Niragis voice rang out loudly in excitement.

A few people stared at each other in fear and moved back a bit creating a gap between the now two groups. A rise of chatter began and Koichi crossed his arms uncomfortably with a small frown not noticing Chishiya slowly back away from the crowd, Kuina soon following as he kept his eyes on the commotion up front.

"Hey, you're always with her," Someone accused the girl in the yellow shirt, a few starting with suspicious looks. "Why weren't you with her today?"

"She's right, you weren't. What happened? you guys get into a fight or something?" Without responding, Niragi clocked the gun and pointed it at her.

"Are you our witch?" He accused, glaring.

"It's not me!" she defended and crawled back in fear.

Niragi didn't seem convinced and gestured to her lazily. "Guess we'll know when we throw you in the fire!"

"I was in her room! She was my friend!" She cried but it seemed her words went right through Niragis' head as he continued to accuse her, "So you're with her everyday. Except the day she gets killed."

It's as if her silence had answered his suspicions and he pointed his gun at her.

"Great, then we all agree. She's the witch! take her to the fire!" And like on command, two boys ran through the group and grabbed the girl by her shoulders while another two scrambled to get her legs. The girl screamed and tried to defend herself but they wouldn't let go until a fist came in contact with one of the boy's jaws.

He let go with a cry while the girl felt herself fall and the other boy was punched right after, both of them on the ground leaving Asahi to get grabbed and pushed behind someone in a protective stance.

"Calm the fuck down!" Koichi threatened loudly as he kept an arm in front of the girl, glaring at the group with disgust. "Don't forget you're all suspects of the game. Don't go accusing others until you've proven yourself innocent." He spat at the group who backed away in fear of the tall man who had a sudden dark aura around him.

Asahi held the back of his jacket tightly in fear, peering from behind his tall figure.

"He's right," A calmer voice interjected, "Where we're all of you? And what were...were you all doing?" Usagi asked the people around her loudly. "And can you prove it?"

Niragi walked forward with an evil smirk. "I can prove that you and I were having a good time in bed." Usagi broke eye contact away from the armed man. Koichi made a disgusted face and Ann stood up.

"Everyone shall take turns and explain what you did in the past hour."

A girl lifted her hand and yelled at Ann. "Blood!" Their eyes went to the napkin in her hand that was covered in red blood. Ann went wide eyed and quickly defended herself. "I can explain this."

"Well, well, this is getting interesting." Niragi stalked closer to Ann. "I say she's the witch!"

"You're wrong!"