⁰⁰⁶ What a Sight

Chapter 6

"THE BEACH?" KOICHI REPEATED AND GAVE THE MAN A SMALL CHUCKLE. He hummed and nodded with his arms stretched out as if he was a god or something. Well that's what Koichi thinks he was trying to achieve or maybe he was one for being dramatic.

"So, what do you do at 'The beach'?" He asked curiously and the man laughed and walked backwards whilst he stared at the brunette.

"We collect the cards."

Cards? So basically what everyone else is bloody doing so how were these guys different? Koichi continued to listen as the man started explaining their purpose.

"Since no one can collect all 52 cards on their own, that would be suicide, we have all collectively United as one to collect them all. That's the Beach's objective."

He then clicked his fingers and two men from behind Koichi went around and started pushing the wall in front of them until the brunette saw the big wall with the cards all crossed out. They were in ascending order with the spades, clubs, diamonds and hearts including the face cards.

Majority of them had an X but Koichi noticed a few still open and those must be the ones the Beach haven't collected.

"Aguni witnessed you in a game and saw potential in you so what a coincidence you show up here." He laughed and sat down at the table on Koichi's  right. "I trust his words and you'll have no choice but to say yes, who wouldn't want to stay in this paradise where everything is supplied to you!

You don't have to scurry around to find places to sleep or eat food from shops. Really, it's a good offer but if you don't want to join.." he trailed off and Koichi's eyes followed his hand to see it lay flat on a gun before Koichi looked back up at his face.

"We built this small organisation together just for this reason. So people can live happily whilst also helping us be able to return to our world." The girl with long pants and a bikini top said with a smile.

"Our electricity is produced by a fuel-powered generator. We use rainwater for our water supply." Lady glasses added.

"We got our firearms from the living and the dead." The man continued holding up his index and thumb to represent a gun.

"However, only a select few are allowed to use them. Our aim here is to unite and collect all the cards together." He then stood up and Koichi was kinda wanting to know the man's name so he could stop calling him 'the man'.

"Once we have them all then one person may return to our world.."

"One? What about everyone else?" Koichi frowned but the man just continued.

"Once one person leaves then soon another will and another and soon our brothers and sisters can once we get duplicates and soon sets of the cards. We'll all be free."

"At this paradise, this Beach, we only have three rules." Holding up three fingers then turning back to Koichi.

"Rule one. Always wear a swimsuit wherever you go."

"Why?"

"You can't conceal a weapon in a swimsuit, it's better for all of us. Also, you are free to drown in alcohol, get high on drugs, and have sex as much as you want." The man added with a cheer and walked towards Koichi making the brunette raise a suspicious brow.

"Enjoy your life while you can because you don't know what could happen the next time you play a game. So, rule two. All cards are the Beach's property. Any you collect we shall hang onto for safe keeping."

Koichi felt quite offended considering he hadn't even gotten any and the cards he would earn would now be someone else's. Bunch of hoggers.

"Contribute your cards and you will be promoted in numerical order."

Annnd this is the point where Koichi started zoning out because all this guy does is fucking chit chat about cards and collecting them. He's getting sick of the word collect.

Looking over to his right, he made eye contact with Chishiya who was already staring at him with an unreadable expression.

The two kept eye contact for the amount of time the boss man was talking and Koichi raised a brow. Chishiya just crossed his arms and tilted his head at the brunette.

"—and that's it! Just those three rules and you'll fit right in to our paradise." The guy finished and Koichi looked at him again and tried not to laugh.

Shit, he didn't listen to rule three. It's fine, he was busy looking at something way more interesting.

"Now, enjoy the beach and do whatever you desire!"

Koichi had his guesses but the sight in front of him was definitely not something he was expecting to witness. Girls in bikinis everywhere, naked people everywhere, a pool that was packed probably with diseases, a bar which was being raided by people and alcohol drinks going everywhere.

Plus a dance floor as people screamed and cheered with each other.

The brunette stood wearing red swim shorts and a white short sleeved  buttoned shirt that was undone revealing his chest. He was contemplating whether or not to run away but given the situation, it was likely he would be shot dead.

Chishiya had walked with him once he'd been released from the chair and Koichi reluctantly asked what the third rule was.

His pride hurt but he was not paying attention, all his fault, so he sucked it up.

"Death to traitors." Was all he said and gave Koichi a smile as he walked off into a different direction leaving the brunette to think about his words.

"Death to traitors." He scoffed and put on a pair of sunglasses, "What a load of bullcrap. How scared is this Hatter guy?"

Yep he also found out the name of the boss man, Hatter. At least he could now call him something that wasn't 'the man'.

From afar, a girl who was siting on a chair and sucking on a stick was observing the newcomer aka Koichi. She noticed he looked like the guy her friend had described to her and the one he wanted in their plan.

Short brown hair with a slight curl, tall and had a well-built body, his clothing leaving nothing to the imagination. Overall he was a sight to see and she was intrigued to see how well he would fit into their plan.

Chishiya told her that the only reason he thought he'd be a good candidate was because of his physical skill and his morals.

That's it.

She watched as he was swarmed by females and a few males as they dragged him over to the bar and surrounded him.

"Popular isn't he?" She said and sucked on the stick before turning around to stare at Chishiya who stood behind her.

He took a deep breath, watching Koichi converse with a few girls who were obviously trying to suck up to him. Some were even pushing their breasts together but Koichi just stared at the faces and waved his hands and shook his head at all the drinks being shoved in his direction.

"Quite."

"Are you sure he'll agree to this?" She questioned unsurely but knowing Chishiya wasn't one to make mistakes when reading people she tried not to question him majority of the time.

"He'll work." He replied, "I've got a plan.

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦