⁰¹⁷ Sorry Arisu

Chapter 17

THE BLACK ENVELOPE. All the playing cards collected by members of the Beach are kept in the safe in Hatters suite. The code for the safe is sealed inside the black envelope. The envelope is then kept in a secret location. And the only time it's opened is when there's a new Number 1.

That's what Chishiya explained to Koichi at least. Since the brunette wasn't an executive, which he didn't really care for, he wasn't allowed in the room when the envelope was opened by Aguni. Chishiya was there so Koichi didn't have low expectations that he wouldn't get the information that they needed.

Aguni sat at the head of the table in the small room surrounded by all the executives. He tore open the envelope and slid the folded paper out.

"The new Number 1 opens the envelope in front of the executives, but only sees the code to the safe."

Niragi stared at Aguni with a small smirk while Chishiya carefully observed the new leader's actions. Aguni took a deep breath and looked up from the paper once he obtained the information he needed.

"Then, he places the paper with the code written on it into a new envelope and seals it again. It must then be signed by all the executives."

Aguni placed the stamp down as one by one, all the executives wrote their names on the envelope in a silver pen.

Chishiya sat in his room with Kuina, Koichi, Airsu, and Niragi as he explained the plan to them. "First, Arisu will infiltrate the royal suite. Then he'll search for the safe and steal all the playing cards inside."

Koichi lay on top of the bed on his stomach his both his hands supporting his head as he listened. Well, not really listening, he was more like gawking at Chishiya and Kuina the whole time but he did know what was supposed to be happening anyway.

"How do I get the code?" Arisu questioned.

"Don't worry about that. I'll let you know when you're in front of the safe." Chishiya reassured with a smile and placed a walkie talkie in front of Arisu.

He had five in total so they could all talk to each other without a hassle.

"I sure hope you're right." Arisu replied with a suspicious stare. "I'm on it."

"Usagi and Kuina will be on the lookout."

But it seemed Usagi still had her hesitations. "This is too dangerous. They'll kill us if they see us." She tried to persuade as if it would prevent them all from realising this was a bad idea and getting into trouble.

Arisu furrowed his eyebrows and tried to give her a smile. "I don't think we have a choice. Now that Hatter's dead, the unity in the Beach is crumbling. I think this plan could work for us."

"I agree." Koichi smiled with a twinkle in his eye making Usagi turn to him.

"What better way than to steal the cards and make this all go by a lot faster than stay in this place run by Aguni and his crazy militants." He shrugged and fiddled with the walk-in talkie, looking up at Chishiya through his eyebrows.

The blonde stared intently at Koichi and the man stared back before a smirk formed on his face and gave Chishiya a wink. He scoffed and leaned back in chair, crossing his arms, then continuing to explain the plan to Arisu and Usagi.