⁰¹⁴ Meeting

Chapter 14

A FEW OF THE HIGHER UPS STOOD AT A TABLE AND SORTED THROUGH THE COLLECTED CARDS. Hatter took his seat at the head of the table as his executives sat in their respective chairs.

Koichi had his arms crossed walking behind Chishiya who sat down in his chair and stood a bit behind. The last boss also stood behind his chair and looked at Koichi who gave him a short stare.

Arisu uncomfortably stood by the wall and spotted Chishiya with a surprised expression. The blonde waved happily at Arisu while Koichi leaned his arms on top of Chishiya's chair.

"Let's begin the meeting. If you're not an executive member, leave the room." Hatter announced. Koichi would've left but he was a snoop and wanted to hear what was about to happen.

Also because Niragi would've probably shot him.

"We took the Two of Spades, Six of Spades, Four of Diamonds, and the Two of Clubs." Mira announced slowly as she held the cards then placed them in front of Hatter.

"So far, the existence of any face cards has not been confirmed." Walking over to her chair and sitting down.

"If there are no face cards, then only the Ten of Hearts remains."

"The Ten of Hearts. It hasn't appeared in any game yet." Mira spoke.

Koichi looked at the massive wall and at the uncrossed Ten of Hearts. What he knew about the hearts games were they focused on your heart, mind and trust even possibly betrayal so looking at the Ten of Hearts no doubt it was going to be incredibly hard.

"If the Ten of Hearts hasn't appeared yet, then maybe there's a reason for it." Ann added, "Perhaps it's not in Tokyo."

"No game arena has been found outside the 23 districts." Kuzuryu said.

"That only means we haven't searched far enough." Ann replied and before it turned into an argument, Hatter butted in.

"We're not changing the plan. The search for the other game arenas in Tokyo will continue."

"Keep an eye on visa expirations." Hatter then went on about how his visa was about to expire soon turning the whole room silent.

"Respectfully...there is a way to earn a Visa." Mira started intriguing the Hatter as well as Koichi. "Oh?"

"A Hearts game...is a game that plays with peoples minds and emotions. We can use a decoy we know will die and fix the game is that you can survive."

"Arisu cleared the Seven of Hearts game. I guess that means..if he can do it, then anyone can!" Mira said, smiling brightly but to Koichi it sounded like she made it seem Arisu cleared it through easily.

Seven of Hearts was obviously not going to be easy and if Arisu cleared it, he must've gone through trouble whilst doing so. Koichi sighed and leaned on the chair more, barely staying awake.

"Arisu, you cleared the Seven of Hearts?" Hatter questioned, "Care to give us any advice?" Laughing while Arisu stared at him not knowing what to respond with.

"There's no way to predict when a Hearts game may appear. Don't forget, we only find out what the game is after registration closes." Ann interjected.

"True, but the theory of probability should help us determine the arena."

Hatter slammed his hand down on the table and leaned towards Kuzuryu. "I don't need prevention theories. I will participate in the next game." Standing up and grabbing the cards with a scowl.

"I don't care if it's a Heart or a Spade. I can clear them all! And I'll be there when the Ten of Hearts appears." Everyone watched him stand in front of the wall.

"The cards are on the table. Our day of departure is near!"

Koichi and the other executives listened to Hatter's words as he turned around again. "Executives, you're in charge while I'm away." Clapping his hands and adjourning the meeting.

Koichi looked over to Niragi and made a face of disgust. He's going to be in charge? Might as well expect a riot to start the minute Hatter leaves this building.

"Oh, and Koichi." Hatter turned around and Koichi stood up with confusion.

"Take that gun out of your pocket." He smirked.

Koichi slowly reached into his pockets with a poker face, took the gun out and carelessly threw it at Niragi who looked surprised at the action.

"I don't have a gun in my pocket." Denying the accusation and leaned back on the chair.

Hatter scoffed and left the room and Koichi might as well have started saying his prayers from the glare he received from Niragi. Chishiya stood up and Koichi followed him, walking next to him and giving Niragi a disappointed shake of his head.

Koichi knew how angry Niragi was, but for some reason he just didn't hesitate when it came to taunting the man and somehow he was still alive.

Leaving the room and heading down the hallway, Koichi threw his arm around Chishiya's shoulders and sighed loudly. " Why did I have to be there? Last time I checked I'm not an executive." Looking at Chishiya who hummed and looked at Koichi.

"I heard Aguni wanted you to join the militants. Apparently Niragi spoke about how good of an aim you were at the game."

"Eh? Like hell I'd join those delinquent losers."

"I'm surprised they didn't bring it up. Hatter must've gotten sidetracked so he didn't bring it up."

"Ah, whatever. Even if they did try to bait me in, I'd be damned if I had to spend more time with that Niragi moron." Muttering with disgust and Chishiya let out a small chuckle and smiled.

Koichi smiled and tightened his grip around the blonde, his heart feeling warm as they made their way to their rooms.

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦