(1/2) Mother | KNJ

•••

                                 •••

"Namjoon?" you whispered peeking through the door that was ajar. He hasn't been eating anything and you were worried. Hearing nothing, you entered the room to see he was sitting in front of the computer.

"Joonie-"

"What?!?!" He shouted loudly, startling you. "Can't you see I am fucking busy?"

"Did you just swear at me?" You gasped and asked as he never swore at you.

"Yes I did, now fuck off" he muttered without any hesitation in his voice. As he was about to place his hand on his forehead, you flinched as you thought he was about to hit you. Feeling nothing, you slowly opened your eyes to see his own eyes widen.

"D-did y-you really t-think that I would h-hit you?" he stuttered. You nodded hesitantly. He immediately shook his head.

"I would n-never-"

"No it's okay" you cut him off, licking your dry lips and blinking away your tears.

You smiled up at him and cupped his cheeks. "Just don't overwork yourself. Eat, I have prepared something in the kitchen, and don't feel guilty."

You tiptoed and kissed his forehead." I love you" you whispered and walked away closing the door behind you.

Your POV:

As I walked toward my 16-year-old son's room, tears streamed down my face.

I have had a quite hard day today. My mother told me she was disappointed in me as I didn't meet her expectations.

I am not a good leader to my employees.

I am a failure.

I just want to be the perfect daughter, the perfect wife, and the perfect mother.

"Joohyun" I called out as I entered the room to see him in front of the study table. "Baby, come on let's eat. The dinner is ready" I said. "What are you do-"

I got cut off by Joo-Hyun suddenly standing up and towering over me. He has rage in his eyes.

"Mom! Can you just stop?" He muttered. "It's fucking annoying how you poke your nose into other's businesses" Tears streamed down my cheeks as he said that.

Namjoon shouting was enough but now my own son shouting at me. This was too much for me to handle. I knew he thought of my love for him like that but he just spat all of it on my face. I read his conversations with his friends. He had told them I am annoying.

"Can't you just leave me alone?" He said. I covered my mouth with my hand and muffled my cry and stepped back. He then leaned into me and looked at me straight in my eyes with hatred.

"I hate you"

My heart broke into million pieces as he said those three words which hurt me the most.

"Kim Joohyun" a voice boomed inside the room and we looked towards the door to see Namjoon with an angry look but I couldn't process anything as I felt myself breaking.

"What the fuck did you say to her?" Namjoon shouted, lifting him up by his collar. "She's your mother"

"But she's annoyin-"

"We did not raise you like this. Your mother was there when you weren't even born. She carried you for nine months and suffered through so much pain. She was there for you when I wasn't. She fed you, cooked your favorite food, and loved you more than anything and this is what you give?!?"

I cried listening to his words. I love him and my son more than I love myself

"a mother's love is unconditional and it can never be replaced" Namjoon whispered lowering his son.

"m-mom"

I just shook my head and ran away with tears rolling down my cheeks as I took my coat and car keys and headed out.

"Y/N come back. I am sorry" was the only thing I heard before I drove off.

________________________